Port closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tres Pelicanos departs @ 0800, looked earlier and they have space on the two boats running tomorrow ( :)yes a shameless plug to my LDS:D:D:D)
Yes @Kimela, and then I would get to meet you guys.

I normally head to the Marina around 05:45.
Ugh, boo, blah. I am thinking about getting up to go to the head.

PC:

Good morning to all the Maritime Community. As reported yesterday, the navigation of the port for small vessels is closed from 3:00 p.m. due to the entry of the Cold Front 27 with a forecast of winds with gusts of more than 25 km/Hr. Extreme precautions are recommended, especially in the north of the island. At 3:00 p.m., all boats must be sheltered to avoid unnecessary risks to human life at sea, our assets and our source of income.

As reported yesterday, the navigation of the port for small vessels is closed from 3:00 p.m. due to the entry of the Cold Front 27 with a forecast of winds with gusts of more than 25 km/Hr.
It looks like the winds will be above that thru Saturday, but the direction changing. Friday looks like a no-starter, but hopefully Saturday will work with easterly winds..
1674745517512.png

Navigation opens from 07:30 to smaller boats. Only the North and Eastern part of the Island remains closed to the navigation of small vessels. From Barracuda to Punta Molas and from Punta Molas to Punta Celarain.

I'm here now starting a 3 week vacation at Hotel Cozumel and while having lunch we had a few very heavy downpours of rain. That caught my attention big time because I'm certain there were times I couldn't see anything 100 meter / yards out from my elevated position. I seriously think a boat crew would have had a very hard time following & finding divers at times even with bright coloured SMB's deployed. I also think it would have been extremely difficult for divers to see their dive boat at the same distance. It was a bit scary considering the recent missing diver thread.

1674877827227.png

Port is closed, from the PC:

"Good afternoon to the entire maritime community, the port is closed to navigation for small boats and all recreational water activities starting at 3:00 p.m. due to northerly winds with speeds greater than 25 km/hr."

Tomorrow looks like an off day. Sunday might get better than expected....

1675464575683.png

Port opened at 7AM
"Good morning, navigation is open to all kinds of boats and recreational water activities due to improved weather conditions starting at 07:00"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom