Port closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No idea ggunn, that's just where he said we were. Today was Santa Rosa wall and Cedral Pass. Lots of boats confined to a smaller area.

No idea ggunn, that's just where he said we were. Today was Santa Rosa wall and Cedral Pass. Lots of boats confined to a smaller area.
Was anyone else there? Here's what I found on line and it matches what I saw posted in the dive shop when I was there a couple of weeks ago:

Reef Closures for 2023
  • The Cozumel Marine Park has put out the schedule of reef closures for the year. ...
  • December/January: Chankanaab Reef & Chankanaab Bolones.
  • February/March: Cedral Pass, Cedral Reef, Francesca.
  • April/May: Delilah, Palancar Gardens, Palancar Horseshoe.
  • June/July: Paradise Reef, Paradise Shallows.

Yesterday (Thu 5/11) was my first day of diving this trip...diving thru Tue 5/16. We did Santa Rosa Wall then San Clemente. Guide knew at 730am when we were picked up at the Presidente that the south end was closed.

Today, again leaving Presidente at 730am, guide said we were headed to Columbia Deep. On the way we got the word it was closed so we did Dalila then San Francisco Wall. Floating parking lot when we popped up from Dalila.

i-see-nothing-sgt-schultz.gif

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

(If the guide says Dalila, like @Carlos Diver, I'm going with it. 🤷‍♂️)

Yeah, that's all I can tell ya. Maybe the south being closed they allowed access to these sites. Then again, I know nushing.

Yesterday (Thu 5/11) was my first day of diving this trip...diving thru Tue 5/16. We did Santa Rosa Wall then San Clemente. Guide knew at 730am when we were picked up at the Presidente that the south end was closed.

Today, again leaving Presidente at 730am, guide said we were headed to Columbia Deep. On the way we got the word it was closed so we did Dalila then San Francisco Wall. Floating parking lot when we popped up from Dalila.

View attachment 783298
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

(If the guide says Dalila, like @Carlos Diver, I'm going with it. 🤷‍♂️)
Dalila (Punta Palancar) is closed for the month of May. Most likely you dove La Francesca (the French lady) which a lot of local guides call ‘Dalila’. It’s an ongoing banter at which is the actual ‘true’ name.
Looks like a good possibility of one more day of closure down south.

Yeah, tomorrow (Sat) is looking like a replay of the last two days...same wind forecast as Thu and Fri.

When we arrived Wed afternoon, Sat was supposed to be ok, now it might be as late as Mon...fingers crossed for Sun. But still loving it...wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Yeah, tomorrow (Sat) is looking like a replay of the last two days...same wind forecast as Thu and Fri.

When we arrived Wed afternoon, Sat was supposed to be ok, now it might be as late as Mon...fingers crossed for Sun. But still loving it...wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
For a long time we have gone there during April/May every year except during the peak year of COVID. Strong SE winds are pretty typical for this time of year.

Got lucky this (Sat) morning. First boat to Columbia Deep (same 730am departure from Presidente). Got a little wet at the end of the ride getting there. Some swells but no issues getting into boat.

Have to get buddy to airport early this afternoon. Used SI to head north to save return trip time. Did Tormentos on the way back.

Back
Top Bottom