Fewer cruise ships going to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My morning routine usually includes a visit to a Cozumel webpage or two while I have my coffee, and this is one of them: Grand Park Royal Cozumel en vivo, Cozumel - Webcams de México which looks out at the cruise ship dock near La Ceiba. Lately I have noticed more days (like today Monday 8/15) when the dock is vacant; are fewer cruise ships going to Cozumel these days?

Fewer now than years ago (non-pandemic). I am sure it will pick up more. Now Wednesdays and Thursdays are big days. Google "cozumel cruise ship schedule 2022" and you can see the days currently.

I have done three caribbean cruises out of Galveston so far this year, with one remaining later in the fall. Every one of them with a Cozumel stop, but I am certainly not complaining!

I am sure it will pick up more.
I wouldn't be surprised if they never get back to full strength. I wouldn't be disappointed, either. :D

My daughter likes them. I used to enjoy Windjammer wind-powered sailing cruises with their little boats before Scuba, got hooked on a hundred-foot Discover dive with one of their excursions, and I did one more trip with them with my gear once I started diving, but quickly decided I was more into Scuba than those boats.

So only two polluting barges Friday, huh? Ok, that's my scheduled dry sightseeing day this week.

There are fewer cruise ships than normal right now. The cruise lines have had to cut back on scheduled departures due to inability to fully staff the trips.

This is completely anecdotal, but calling up a Cozumel webcam or two while I am having coffee is part of my daily morning routine, and lately there has been a cruise ship in the view at Grand Park Royal Cozumel en vivo, Cozumel - Webcams de México about half the time, if that. I don't remember the last time that there were more than one in the frame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom