Monthly Dive and Picnic-Jan 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i got a fishy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i decided to only take my pole spear on the first dive since it was such a pain to dea with, but the first fish i saw was this 20+ in. female sheepshead, i aimed, barely got it on the spear and then owen helped me bag it! the fileting was a different story, i tried using my diving knife cause i didnt have one for fileting, so i got mostly skin lol, but next time ill do better. ON the second dive i wish i had the spear cause there was a huge school of kelp bass, some opal eyes, and some barred sand bass! o well, next time!

Very cool Gabi! Let me know when you are ready to buy a good knife for cutting feesh, there like $30 so not to bad. Let me get through all my business stuff and I will show you how to kill and clean.

It was a great day and picnic. Good to meet and see everyone!

cant wait jeff, i thought i would have a problem spearing a fish since they look at you with those big sad eyes, but damn it was fun, just a real rush, and i really liked using the pole spear, it makes it more challenging. only problem is that nick flew into the back of it with the surge on the way in, he cant even say that i speared him, but he speared himself on the wrong end hahaha. but it was a great day of diving, sorry u couldnt be there with kris, i was the only girl all suited up! next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom