Meet & Greet Saturday, March 21st @ SandKey in Clearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carrie - hope I don't sound like an idiot but what do they mean by public launching? One can't walk out to a boat???

The tent sounds great!

Bill, shall we move this to say 9 so people can settle in then go diving?

Carolyn - what's a dive flag? :winky: P.S. Was wondering where you had disappeared to...

Supposedly no public boat launching is allowed from the Clearwater Sailing Center, which is not in Sand Key Park, but across the street from the entrance to the park.

From what I am understanding, those with boats are going to pick up divers at Sand Key Park. Sure you can wade out to the boat, however, it could be a long wade depending on the tides. I will have to look at a tide chart for next Saturday.

Tracey can you put me down for a cake instead of the brownies. Tara's birthday is Tuesday, so I thought I'd bring a birthday cake to share. She's doesn't know...:wink:

I was out at the Rube Allyn reef on Thursday. The marker has disappeared so it is a little more difficult finding the best location. I was also surprised that the temp was 62 degrees. For a long time Floridan this is a little cooler than I like. Should we reconsider the dive trip from the beach.

For a long time Ohioan 62 is warm for me. Glad I brought my 7mm.

Hey, not all of us are former Atlanta residents with a dry suit, some of us have lived and dived in a real state...

Hi Floridians,

Just curious if the temps there in Tampa will stay in the low 60's or higher between April 8th - 18th?

I'm visiting mom in Apollo Beach and I'm a California diver that is use to 48-54 degrees, I dive Monterey and we get cold after the 3rd dive.

I dive both wet and dry; 7mm wetsuit with hooded vest 7mm and drysuit when she drops below 48 degrees.

Let me know so I can be prepared for your waters.

Thanks,

Mike G.

p.s
If possible I'd like to hook up with some dives with your group during those days in April...

Thanks,,,,

Hi Floridians,

Just curious if the temps there in Tampa will stay in the low 60's or higher between April 8th - 18th?

I'm visiting mom in Apollo Beach and I'm a California diver that is use to 48-54 degrees, I dive Monterey and we get cold after the 3rd dive.

I dive both wet and dry; 7mm wetsuit with hooded vest 7mm and drysuit when she drops below 48 degrees.

Let me know so I can be prepared for your waters.

Thanks,

Mike G.

p.s
If possible I'd like to hook up with some dives with your group during those days in April...

Thanks,,,,

Look for water temps in the mid 70's. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom