Meet & Greet Saturday, March 21st @ SandKey in Clearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd help ya with directions, if I could. Trust me though, you don't want help from me...MissDirected :rofl3:

Him - I'll let Bill get back to ya since he is kinda runnin' the show :) I did throw ten up on the first post but that can change and is really up to what you guys say.

thanks Miss D. I checked on mapquest, is there a Pavillion to meet at ? I will be there early since I am launching boats at Gandy ramp at 6am. should I leave a contact number?

Fishytim2:
I am not from the Clearwater area so I dont really have good directions yet either.
If someone can post an address for the event that would be great! (Preferably a local with knowledge of the park so we can get a good spot!)

Sand Key Park is located immediately south of Clearwater Beach across the Clearwater Pass Bridge. Its address is [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1060 Gulf Blvd., Clearwater, FL 33767 The web site for the park is at:
Sand Key Park

The web site contains both a map and a park diagram. There are two shelters for picnics but they need to reserved. They are also some distance from the beach. Would it be easier to bring some small grills portable tables and set up on the beach.
[/FONT]

To Sand Key Clearwater

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 44
I thought one of the shelters was first-come first-served.

From the website for SandKey:
Only two pavilions, one first come first served. The other one is already reserved for the 21st.

I've been away attending a funeral. However, I can see the M&G has made progress. For those of you wanting quick directions, go west on Gulf to Bay over the Memorial Causeway to Clearwater Beach. When you come to the roundabout you want to head South, proceed over the Sand Key bridge, go past the Fire Department on the right, then you will see the signs for Sand Key Beach.

Parking is metered, so bring quarters as the meters are checked on a regular basis.

We can bring what I call a craft tent, one of the white tents with no sides that you typically see at a craft show. I believe they do not let you have open fires on the beach, just in the shelters. I can check on that to be sure. Since we are going to the beach, I would like to put the tent close to the water.

I haven't decided what to bring, but more than likely home made chocolate chip cookies.

See you there!

We are leaving tomorrow so I will not be in touch for a few days. See you on the 21st.

Myself, Lil Bit, and lil'est Bit will make it. Not sure on what we will bring. Can we get a list of what is comming, and what is left to bring????

We made the trip to Sand Key Park yesterday and here are some things we learned that might be helpful for next Saturday:

Spring break on Clearwater Beach is going strong! This means lots of cars and lots of people. Instead of going thru downtown Clearwater, across Memorial Causeway and the Sand Key bridge, I would recommend you get on East Bay, which turns in to West Bay and is also Hwy 686 and head west. When you come to the end, there is a signal light and you have to turn right (north) or left (south). Turn right (north) and go 2.8 miles where you will see Sand Key Park on the left. Turn left.

We walked around quite a bit while we were there and learned the shelter houses are a ways from the beach. We could set up on the beach and cook at the shelter house, if people are bringing food needing cooked. Open fires and cooking are not allowed on the beach.

I think Boardwalk 5 would be a great place to meet since there are restrooms and showers close.
Just walk out from Boardwalk 5 until you get to the shore!

BTW, we spoke to the rent a cops at the sailing center, and they said no public launching is allowed. I don't know how true that is, but those bringing boats might want to check that out beforehand.

We will try to get there early and set up a white 10 x 10 tent. And if we are really lucky, we might be able to find a dive flag to hang out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom