Meet & Greet Saturday, March 21st @ SandKey in Clearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How early would anyone like to dive. The depth at Rube Allyn is 45 ft. The water should be clear this time of year. Water temp should be in high 60s to low 70s. It is any easy dive if conditions aren't too windy in which case we just picnic. Any open water diver should have no trouble. Is 10:00 too early.

I am looking forward to meeting this group.

I would love to come out and meet you guys and do the dive also. I am only openwater, can I make the depth?

My problem is a fishing event at Lake Tarpon. Launch boats by 7am and weigh-in at three. I am free in between those times and then after 4.

Can someone post a quick way to get there?

thanks for the humor too.. :)

I'd help ya with directions, if I could. Trust me though, you don't want help from me...MissDirected :rofl3:

Him - I'll let Bill get back to ya since he is kinda runnin' the show :) I did throw ten up on the first post but that can change and is really up to what you guys say.

10:00 is good for me. Is there a dock in the park?

How early would anyone like to dive. The depth at Rube Allyn is 45 ft. The water should be clear this time of year. Water temp should be in high 60s to low 70s. It is any easy dive if conditions aren't too windy in which case we just picnic. Any open water diver should have no trouble. Is 10:00 too early.

I am looking forward to meeting this group.

10 works for the wife and I if we can tag along!:)

I would go but I'm diving the Ft DeSoto North pier. Fl Aquarium is doing a entanglement clean-up as long as the weather cooperates. If it gets cancelled due to weather, I will stop by and picnic with you all.

I will bring my boat; It can handle 8 but 6 divers would be more comfortable. There are no docks at Sand Key Park but I can anchor in 2 feet of water so we could wade off the beach. There are docks across the street at the Clearwater Diving Center but that would be some distance to walk back to the picnic. I recommend loading off the beach. Divers will need to bring own gear.

I will try to talk the wife into it. I've been wanting to come to one of these for a long time.
If she is up for the diving I'll dive too. But that is up to her (I dive dry, she dives wet). I'll know for sure tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom