Meet & Greet Saturday, March 21st @ SandKey in Clearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi we're home.
The trip home was a disaster. Looks like we will be back in June. More details later.
Dana & Jeanne

Sorry to hear that. I am having the May M&G if you are in town then.

When we left Ft. DeSoto Saturday morning, the brakes on the trailer were acting a bit flakey. I decided to go on and if it got worse, I was going to stop at one of the RV places along I75. We just got into Georgia when it started raining. The brakes stopped working and the lights went out on the trailer just as it started raining hard. I got off I75 to try to find a Walmart, get some parts and at least get the lights working. I turned the wrong way and decided to turn around at a church. There was no turn around in front of the church so i drove to the back. There was no turnaround behind the church and I wound up at a dead end in a cemetery. When I tried to back up the left side of the truck sunk into the mud up to the axles. Jeanne called AAA and one of the neighbors called the church deacon who said we could stay at the church in the trailer that night. After church Sunday, we took the truck to a shop where a mechanic got some of the lights working. We headed north on I75 and stopped at a Walmart before dark. I bought a new connector for the trailer but still couldn't get the brakes to work. We found a shop in Dalton yesterday to repair the trailer. Seven hours and $320 later we were on are way again. Stopped in Kentucky for the night and got home just after noon today. On the bright side, we did meet some very nice people in Georgia.

Now that is one heck of a story. Glad you made it home safely.

That was the abbreviated version carriemak. For the good news, Reef, Kurtzk and I went to Spanish Rocks last Monday. There was another board member and his son looking for buddies so Reef buddied with them. I went with Kurtzk and he pointed out a lot of things I would have missed. I think this was my most enjoyable dive to date. The only thing I don't understand is why it was a 100 yard swim out and a 300 yard swim back?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom