Meet & Greet Saturday, March 21st @ SandKey in Clearwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Floridians,

Just curious if the temps there in Tampa will stay in the low 60's or higher between April 8th - 18th?

I'm visiting mom in Apollo Beach and I'm a California diver that is use to 48-54 degrees, I dive Monterey and we get cold after the 3rd dive.

I dive both wet and dry; 7mm wetsuit with hooded vest 7mm and drysuit when she drops below 48 degrees.

Let me know so I can be prepared for your waters.

Thanks,

Mike G.

p.s
If possible I'd like to hook up with some dives with your group during those days in April...

Thanks,,,,

Mike - Be sure to start a thread, if you haven't already.

Slamonboy97 - Just wondering if you had checked the forecast for Saturday... Are we sill a go on this or do you want to postpone????? This is your dealio so you call the shots :cool2: Let us know. :) Also, in case ya didn't know, we are smack in the middle of spring-break. I only notice this as my boys have been living at the beach trolling :shakehead: Oh that reminds me, here is something you don't really want to know, my son's friend is over the other day and getting ready to head to the beach. I said something about going to check out the girls and he said, no I don't want them. I am looking for the cougars... Well I just stood there in shock. What happened to the nice little boys I use to know? :rofl2:

Sand Key Beach is not that crowded with Spring Breakers, or at least it wasn't last weekend. It is more of a family beach since no liquor is readily available. Now Clearwater Beach and St Pete Beach, that is another story entirely.

I strongly suggest that if this is a "go", the go out East/West Bay to get to Sand Key. It will save you a lot of time in the car.

Here is the latest marine forecast for Saturday:

NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS CHOPPY.

I will not be bringing the boat.

The good news is there will be a much better PICNIC! I will bring burgers and dogs for the grill.
PLEASE give me an ACCURATE head count so I dont buy too much food.

Wish I could make it but I will be doing an open water class with 21 students. I get to go dive a pool for 8 hours.

There will be 4 of us. Is Meg still planning on attending? Her roomies for LC will be there.

Wish I could go but I have a trip to Troy springs on the 21st to co-lead.

I'll try to catch the next one.

I plan on arriving around 10am. I will be bringing burgers, dogs and a girl. Grill.
I will start cooking around 12noon. Hope to see everyone there!

We should also be there around 10. Look for us beachside at Boardwalk 5 with the white tent.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom