Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Martino: If your product is new and revolutionary, why would you stop producing it after a limited time?

stefano di martino:
Because otherwise it will not be limited. Don't you think ?
What a way of avoiding the question..

Why would you make a "new and revolutionary" product limited in the first place?

jonnythan:
What a way of avoiding the question..

Why would you make a "new and revolutionary" product limited in the first place?

I am not trying to avoid the question.
Jonnythan why are you so negative ? And upset ?
I feel that whatever I would answer you it will not change your mind about this initiative. We do not try to f... anyone here we just try to do something new for few people. We try to create a new way to approach scubadiving business. We think it can help to increase the number of people to get into scubadiving. However, jonnythan, I love debate and I love discussion, I do not pretend to change mind to people (the beuty of life is that people can agree or disagree) I am just asking you to wait and see our initiative with a positive mind.

You still haven't answered the question.. but I will certainly wait until your "new" and "revolutionary" yet limited production product becomes available and judge for myself. What a limited revolution it will be :)

Mr. di Martino, I applaud your marketing campaign, it seems to be working beautifully!

Jon, you may have not understood it yet but there is something that is called perceived value. This is how you personally value something and has nothing to do with the real value of an item.
The perceived value of something can be elevated by making it rare and seldon. This translates into a higher perceived value for some people who than in return are willing to pay a higher price tag for an item. This is a way to position your product on the top of the market and enables you to sell less products without losing revenues.
Special and limited editions are not only to facilitate sales of items that aren't being sold well............... :wink:

Oren, what you say is true, but products that will "revolutionize" the scuba industry are not limited editions. Limited editions are made for a short period of time, then production is stopped, and everyone forgets about them.

Jonny Thanks. Sometime revolution has a different face than what people think. I cannot explain to you in details but you will see.
About the marketing caimpaign, it is different but it is not finished yet.....guys here in Italy is 8.00PM going to eat. I will see you later.

jonnythan:
Oren, what you say is true, but products that will "revolutionize" the scuba industry are not limited editions. Limited editions are made for a short period of time, then production is stopped, and everyone forgets about them.
While you are right to a certain degree, there are more than plenty examples of limited editions that became permanent......... Besides, you know how excitable Italian are...
While I love Mares products (you'll have to pry my Abyss out of my dead cold hands), I don't have any illusions about the fact that they are in business to make $$$. This is an excellent way to get people starting to talk about your products. Look what is going on in this thread :wink:. Someone mentioned previously that there is no bad publicity... :D

Back
Top Bottom