Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Color me skeptical, but does anyone honestly think that any dive company would come up with something "new," "different," or "way more than the cosmetic changes" and then intentionally limit their sales to only a few "elite partners?"

If you do, please line up to my left while I introduce you to this Real Estate agent friend of mine... :rolleyes:

So what are you saying, Debraw - you got sucked in by a good old corporate schmooze? :)

Seriously - what possible reason does any manufacturer have to LIMIT sales? I mean, I can see "limited" edition lasting 6 months or so, just to give the appearance of scarcity, but then opening the doors to the public or something, but I can't see a legitimate "deselection" of your potential customer base. That's just stupid business. :06:

And for the record, the two posters who are "jumping up and down excitedly at the prospect" of this new product release both joined on the same day. Hmmmm.

I got the inside info, guys !!!

It's a revolutionary new HUB design !!!!

It has a built in ejection mechanism that, in the case of a catastrophic failure of the HUB, it immediately explodes some quick disconnects and fires off a compressed charge that launches the diver to the surface and an extraordianry rate of ascent !!!!

WOW ! ! ! !

The Kraken:

It has a built in ejection mechanism that, in the case of a catastrophic failure of the HUB, it immediately explodes some quick disconnects and fires off a compressed charge that launches the diver to the surface and an extraordianry rate of ascent !!!!

WOW ! ! ! !
I've been waiting for someone to use the dreaded "H" word. Can any of the Mares dealers tell us if if something like the HUB is rearing it's ugly head?

Hope I'm not underwater on March 5. I might get narced and miss the big event; then I'll miss out and have to keep divin this non-Mares junk I've been using.
Oh, nevermind, I don't think I'm interested; it would be my luck if I got some of this new Mares gear, they would quit supplying parts in a couple of years.

Where you been Ken?? Haven't seen you around. steve

steve2281:
Hope I'm not underwater on March 5. I might get narced and miss the big event; then I'll miss out and have to keep divin this non-Mares junk I've been using.

Where you been Ken?? Haven't seen you around. steve
Hey Steve! I've been job hunting so I can buy some more junk, Mares and non-Mares (I like my Mares stuff).

The Kraken:

WOW ! ! ! !

WOW! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! WOW WOW!!!!!!! Where do we stand in line?!?! Wonder if I can wait that long?! Gotta go.... I'm beginning to feel the stress. TIME FOR SOME DECO. (Oh good grief)

Boogie711:
And for the record, the two posters who are "jumping up and down excitedly at the prospect" of this new product release both joined on the same day. Hmmmm.

Glad somebody finally noticed AND actually said something. See also:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t85554-.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom