New Old Regulators for new diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go check Piranha, they have what looks like a mk 25 clone for $115!

Are a MK2 and a MK2 EVO the same regs?

No, not at all. Evo I believe stands for evolution and the Mark 2 Evo is considerably evolved and different from previous Mark 2 regulators, larger piston, replaceable volcano orifice, tighter IP, higher flow rate and externally smaller.

I
No, not at all. Evo I believe stands for evolution and the Mark 2 Evo is considerably different from previous Mark 2 regulators, larger piston, replaceable volcano orifice, tighter IP, higher flow rate and externally smaller.

I am intrigued with using a balanced 2nd with an unbalanced 1st. Are there any advantages to doing this?

I am intrigued with using a balanced 2nd with an unbalanced 1st. Are there any advantages to doing this?

Not in particular. I chose a Mark 2 Evo for my last few trips because of it's reliability and simplicity and ruggedness. And coupled with G250s the performance is more than adequate.

I

Balanced 1sts have minimal IP swing throughout tank pressures, balanced seconds are minimally effected by IP changes. Unbalanced 1st paired with an unbalanced 2nd will get harder breathing as the tank pressure drops (to varying degree). Having one or the other balanced will greatly reduce that effect. Both being balanced can be a very minor improvement over just one or the other.

MK 2 EVO is way to complicated, they nearly doubled the parts count with this “evolution”

:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom