Question Question about Low Volume (free-diver or spearfishing) masks and SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A nose pocket is not the only pressure equalising feature designed for diving masks. Since the late 1950s, certain traditional oval masks have been fitted with compensators with finger wells on the outside and flexible bosses on the inside, enabling the nostrils to be pinched for ear-clearing purposes, e.g. the Beuchat Super Compensator below:
beuchat-super-compensator-diving-mask.jpg

I really do not understand where the OP started worrying about a mask optimised for free diving can be "unfit" for scuba diving, an activity which poses much less constraints on the technical performances of the mask.
If a mask fits your face, sealing properly, and allowing for easy equalisation, then it is OK for scuba diving, wathever the marketing hype made by the manufacturer.

I say I have used a "freediving" mask for SCUBA, because it IS a SCUBA MASK, and you reply by asking if I have used it for scuba, etc., etc., repeatedly. And in more than one thread.

The same thing occurred in your responses to other posters.

I posted a link to the mask I use, and then you ask for pointers to a mask, etc. even quoting my post with the link.
Sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom