Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. No sockpuppets around here. No way......

I don't really have an opinion on Mares stuff one way or the other. However I did watch the flash presentation and I gotta say that you'd be nuts to give them your contact info based on that ad.

Boogie711:
Seriously - what possible reason does any manufacturer have to LIMIT sales? I mean, I can see "limited" edition lasting 6 months or so, just to give the appearance of scarcity, but then opening the doors to the public or something, but I can't see a legitimate "deselection" of your potential customer base. That's just stupid business. :06:

Then how come every business does it... Limited edition anniversary Corvettes, only so many Dodge Vipers made, only 200 signed prints by artist blah blah... and on and on.

They do have some nice new ideas in the LE stuff... It's pretty sweet, and with a very limited supply, I'm sure there will be huge demand. With cars, I've seen limited edition cars, where they took some of the technology built into the car and then shared it with some of the line later on in production cycles...

So I'm not sure of the total marketing plan... if this is to create excitement... they're already accomplishing it. If they bring out new technologies, and everyone talks about it... then would that make it easier to bring non limited edition products that share some of the same technology?? I'm not going to second guess their marketing stratagies... I don't know for sure how they are going to follow this up.... I'm not even sure they know... but I am looking forward to getting the product in for march.

That's my point though, Larry - when you get a "Limited Edition" Corvette, you're paying a huge premium over what are essentially cosmetic differences. A unique paint job, or new trim pieces. If GM comes out with something quite unique or different (say, for example, their "OnStar" service) they may roll it out with Cadillac first, but soon, you'll find it on every GM car sold.

I better stop before I get shouted down by another round of anonymous sock puppets. I wonder which Mares dealer is creating all these accounts? :)

You both have points... for example, Mares could have a Limited Edition Abyss with a ruby seat, or they could have a Limited Edition Abyss with a black satin first stage.

Either way, the point of it being LIMITED is to generate sales for a product that otherwise wouldn't sell very well.

Therefore, I have to side with Boogie and agree that there's nothing groundbreaking coming out, because the converse is unthinkable: if they were breaking new ground, the products would sell by themselves, and they'd be fantastically stupid to artificially limit production.

jonnythan:
You both have points... for example, Mares could have a Limited Edition Abyss with a ruby seat.[/b]
That's basically what they used to have, the Ruby reg.

Let me see if I get it right: You guys don't have a clue what is going on and what they will be releasing but you are SURE that it will NOT be ground breaking or at least of interest.......Hmmmm, nice, eh?
And since I know couple of you, you know I'm not a sockpuppet :D

Speculation and hearsay are just that, and nothing more. Since we (the gen pub) do not know what they will releasing, we cannot not honestly make any judgements. If it is advertizing goo, then I am sure it will get it's just reward. If it isn't, I hope we have the ability to judge fairly.

I seem to remember a company called Apeks that released the Black thingamajing and Aqualung with the Gold supersucker. How about ScubaPro releasing the 65430000 XXX super duper one of a kind.

Larry is right, every company does this type of marketing play. How they get the techies (like myself) all excited. If it play fails they al least got some new recognition. There is no such thing as bad advertizing publicity. I once saw a grown man scream and cry like a child at the auto show, because he wanted the newest LE Mercedes.

To each his own. I think we will have to wait and see in order to judge. Then the gloves will come off.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

Dear all,

let me introduce my self. I am Stefano di Martino and I am the President of Mares world-wide. I am 39, Italian born. It is just one year I work for Mares / Dacor. I used to work for Nike in the USA (Portland and NY) , China and I end up in Amsterdam (Nike Europe - Middle East - Africa headquarters) where I was the Director of Sales. In Jan 2004 I joined HTM diving (Mares, Dacor and Spora Sub). I am a good diver and I love our world. I have read all your comments about Limited Edition and I felt to jump in as well. Limited edition March 2005 is a very unique event in Diving. We will propose something totally new in diving. The product is NOT just a new color but totally new and revolutionary. In 15 days we will pubblish the list of the World Wide dealers. The product could not be found on Internet and it will be only found at this Elite Mares Dealers. ONLY limited product that will EVER NEVER done in the same way later on.
More information will be on www.mares.com. Feel free to ak me questions. Ciao.Stefano :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom