Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is SO cool. I've decided to take up SCUBA diving because I want to be the first to use the new, revolutionary Mares gear—no more apnea for me! I CAN'T WAIT for the Limited Edition Metal!!!!!! I think I'm also going to sign up to take some technical diving courses with Mark Ellyat - he used Mares regulators during his world record dive so he must be a really amazing diver. Can the H.U.B. be used for technical diving?

Without addressing the actual "meat" of the discussion I want to keep one thing very clear. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the limited edition line from Mares. If you have other comments about Mares, their service or the company you are welcome to post them into a new thread or thread on that subject, but this one is to remain about the limited edition line. Let's try and keep this post on topic and instead of insulting or simply being rude to an industry leader, why not provide him with some quality feedback to use? This is your opportunity to literally influence the future of the industry even if only in a small way, don’t ruin it by running him off the site.

Tech Admin:
Without addressing the actual "meat" of the discussion I want to keep one thing very clear. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the limited edition line from Mares. If you have other comments about Mares, their service or the company you are welcome to post them into a new thread or thread on that subject, but this one is to remain about the limited edition line. Let's try and keep this post on topic and instead of insulting or simply being rude to an industry leader, why not provide him with some quality feedback to use? This is your opportunity to literally influence the future of the industry even if only in a small way, don’t ruin it by running him off the site.

In his very first post on page four of this thread, the man said, "feel free to ask me questions," which is what I did. Hard to stay EXACTLY on topic since we don't even know what the topic is. I mean the topic IS the product. The product IS a secret. Maybe the product is a new line of parts, and I'm right on topic. I'm going back in my hole now.
steve sullivan

In what other sport or web site would you have the privilege to communicate with industry leaders i.e. Scott Zeagle and Stefano di Martino directly? None, I have gained a lot of respect for these two companies over the past three months, and I admire and appreciate the resources this site affords.

I would like to commend Mr. Martino on joining this thread and would hope he continue to monitor scubaboard.com in the future. I would also like to apologize if he feels attacked.

I said in a previous post “I’ll keep an open mind” on the new limited edition medal and that’s what I’ll do. I’m impressed that Mr. Martino found the time to voice his views and desires for his new company and product on this site.

Welcome to the board Mr. Martino!

SO,

just what is the LE Metal about? I checked out the website, but you guys are being coy!

Poseidon I am going to agree with you that it is very nice that the industry leaders are taking the time to talk to us and eventhough they may get *****ed at by unhappy people because they can't parts or whatever. If you can't get parts for your regulator then guess what go get a new one. Just out of curiosity, what type regulator is it? Because if it is an old reg then more than likely they stopped making the parts kits for them.

To get back on the subject of limited edition metal it will be a really cool event when this stuff comes out and I can't wait till it does. Mr. Martino I would also like to commend you on taking all this battering from unhappy people because can't get parts. It happens so get over it.

Poseidon8118:
In what other sport or web site would you have the privilege to communicate with industry leaders i.e. Scott Zeagle and Stefano di Martino directly? None, I have gained a lot of respect for these two companies over the past three months, and I admire and appreciate the resources this site affords.

I would like to commend Mr. Martino on joining this thread and would hope he continue to monitor scubaboard.com in the future. I would also like to apologize if he feels attacked.

I said in a previous post “I’ll keep an open mind” on the new limited edition medal and that’s what I’ll do. I’m impressed that Mr. Martino found the time to voice his views and desires for his new company and product on this site.

Welcome to the board Mr. Martino!

stefano di martino:
Dear all,
If I have to be honest with you I am a little disappointed in regards of where this conversation is going.
I was probably too naive to decide to get into a chat.
Since I joined this chat I just got attacked (except Wileediver) with so much anger !!!for thing I could not be responsible.It is just few months I work in this company and I want to do well and learn.I know that in the past we have made some mistakes and we can definitily do better, however, it takes time and it is very difficult to change a company in few months but I can assure you that both in the USA and in Europe we are trying hard.

The Limited Edition line is, I hope, the first sign of our tentative to change and also to focus more on the USA.
Thanks to everyone. Stefano

Hi Stefano,

I just wanted to commend you on entering this discussion - It's all too rare that we, as divers, have the opportunity to discuss a company's products or marketing programs with their management. Thanks for taking the time to join us here.

As for feeling attacked, I'd like to apologize for the impression. Divers here are a pretty blunt group, preferring to get to the meat of the argument rather than hide behind nice words. I can't speak for you, but I would think that honest opinions would be valuable to you and your company as you strive to create products that meet the needs and expectations of practicing divers. I hope that you will continue to discuss your product launch with us, as I'd like to be able to follow the dialog between our divers and you as subsequent advertisements appear and as the new line is launched.

For what it's worth, I dive with an M22 Abyss and Proton Ice(Nitrox) Octo, as well as your fins and masks and have always been very happy with their performance. (We can discuss the HUB some other time... :wink: )

Anyway, I'm sorry I missed the first few days of this discussion and hope that you will continue to visit here. If you stay with us, you'll see that, while we can be a cynical bunch of folks with respect to advertising claims, we are bound together by a love of diving, which is infectious. We're the folks who are out there diving every day, using and abusing your equipment, and we can provide valuable feedback about what work and what doesn't, be it dive equipment or an advertising campaign.

Ciao,
Grier

Dear all,

I have read a lot of different emails concerning my getting in Scubaboard.
I love confrontation and discussion but I hope it is fare and proactive and not always based on the past or negative. I am new in scuba diving and I really want to listen and improve. We really want to be more present in the USA and closer to consumers. This is the reason why I have decided to write you directly.
I will try to write you and explain to you our strategy and product direction.
Thanks for your support.

Stefano

gle:
Aside from simply making cosmetic changes, some limited edition designs represent new technology that is gradually worked into the main industry. And there is plenty of innovation to be had in diving. For example, there are a couple things I expect to see in the next 5-15 years..

being a technological determinist myself i like the way you put your argument... the technology is there and although it may not necessarily be always for the better, it still is there and will change the way we look and percieve the world around us

now, would i want a hi-tech new fangled mask or BC or self-propelling fins? who knows? i just might, then again i might not... who cares really right?

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom