Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I understand from my dive shop, this product will launch on March 5th. All they told me was that it was 3 products, one being a regulator and they said it was the coolest reg they have ever seen.

diverdude78:
From what I understand from my dive shop, this product will launch on March 5th. All they told me was that it was 3 products, one being a regulator and they said it was the coolest reg they have ever seen.

Ciao, yes you are right the regulator for the Limited Edition is very cool and it is very technological as well. It is a very light regulator and the performance are at the top....and on top of that we have something that you can do that will make you UNIQUE. Ciao. Stefano

stefano di martino:
Ciao, yes you are right the regulator for the Limited Edition is very cool and it is very technological as well. It is a very light regulator and the performance are at the top....and on top of that we have something that you can do that will make you UNIQUE. Ciao. Stefano

Stefano, I hope the regulator isn't too cool. I'd hate to have to buy one after just paying a fortune for my Atomic M1.

Also, if I can't resist it, would you be so kind as to provide me with a few excuses to give to my wife so I can justify buying it; otherwise she will kill me.

By the way, sorry for some of the "agressive" posts you received in this thread, some of the members here can be somewhat abrasive.

Additionally, I love my Quattro fins and X-Vision mask. Keep up the good work at Mares!

Kestrell:
Stefano, I hope the regulator isn't too cool. I'd hate to have to buy one after just paying a fortune for my Atomic M1.

Also, if I can't resist it, would you be so kind as to provide me with a few excuses to give to my wife so I can justify buying it; otherwise she will kill me.

By the way, sorry for some of the "agressive" posts you received in this thread, some of the members here can be somewhat abrasive.

Additionally, I love my Quattro fins and X-Vision mask. Keep up the good work at Mares!

i'll second that... or too expensive... i already do have my heart set on a proton XL reg and mares/ dacor BC...

would you also give me a copy of kestrell's excuse-to-murderous-wife? looks like when the LE comes out i'll really need it big time...

Jag

PS
have the x-vision... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE it

Maybe the 3 products are the regs, bc and a new computer? Sounds like a likely combination.

Darn n I just got a Legend LX with a another LX for my octo.

Oh well there's always EBay, maybe I can get a good offer for my Halcyon rig and reg...

SangP

Btw, Mr Stefano, thanks for sticking around and your presence here is always welcome.

SangP:
Maybe the 3 products are the regs, bc and a new computer? Sounds like a likely combination.

Hmmm, Limited Edition Metal BC...

Could it be something similar to Seac Sub’s Icaro Tech? I just can’t see Mares introducing a BP/wing (past lesson from Scubapro’s experience with the X-Tek system aside) unless Mark Ellyat is attempting a new world record :eyebrow: Guess it’ll be good from a marketing point if they could pry him away from OMS—a quick way would be to rebrand Dacor’s The Rig.

BTW, anyone remember the Mares Azimuth?

Unique regulator....hmmm...while not completely unique, it could include....communications w/o at FFM...could be a different metal...maybe not marine brass, zirconium, titanium or monel...gold would be unique (tongue in cheek)....maybe Stainless Steel?

Anyways, while not a big Mares fan (more due to insufficient exposure than product issues) it will be nice of something new comes out that heightens interest in diving.

Thank you for putting up with some of the crap on here.

Edit: Maybe its a stainless steel reg, integrated SS backplate/BCD, and and a SS computer...that would look cool.

Otter:
Unique regulator....hmmm...while not completely unique, it could include....

Well, putting my market management hat on, one of the values in making a product "unique" is to combat competition from the secondary market. (It's a lot less attractive to buy, and a lot harder to sell, something that is customized, or "unique".) Reducing the price-suppresive effect of the secondary market can be a very clever way to increase both nominal price and turnover. (It gets VERY complex when there are other players in the market who may or may not take similar actions, but hey, that's what makes the game interesting.)

So, unique could be about something that would make the items less attractive to re-sell or re-buy. Personalization, either cosmetic or functional? Something similar?

Vie:
Hmmm, Limited Edition Metal BC...

Could it be something similar to Seac Sub’s Icaro Tech? I just can’t see Mares introducing a BP/wing (past lesson from Scubapro’s experience with the X-Tek system aside) unless Mark Ellyat is attempting a new world record :eyebrow: Guess it’ll be good from a marketing point if they could pry him away from OMS—a quick way would be to rebrand Dacor’s The Rig.

BTW, anyone remember the Mares Azimuth?

Like your new avatar Vie...

Poseidon8118:
Like your new avatar Vie...

sorry, just changed it again :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom