Learning to Dive: pep talk needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"take nothing but pictures - leave nothing but bubbles"... as they say.
:)

Originally posted by keralucu
"take nothing but pictures - leave nothing but bubbles"... as they say.
:)

Adding on to this, i think it's really amazing how many certified divers are still breaking this rule. During one trip to Tioman, this American guy was diving with his 3 kids. They brought up a pretty coral, stuffed it into a container, preparing to bring it home.

The DM told the family off, reminding them they are breaking the law as the area is a protected marine park, and that they could be fined heavily. They appeared pretty unhappy about the whole incident, and i cannot imagine why. Is this not the very first rule that is stressed again and again during the dive course, and pre-dive briefings?

And the rule of touching nothing underwater? oh boy, it's heartbreaking to see corals being destroyed by clumsy divers...i witnessed a DM break a piece of coral when he grabbed on to it for support!! arrghhh!! another guy stood on the corals during the excitement of seeing a black tip shark! double arrrggghh!! :upset:

ok enough of all that the ranting and raving...time to get off the soap opera box :peace: hehehe i have a slight (??!!) tendency to wonder off-topic...sorry :)

We all agree with you, anyway, ADG :)

Originally posted by keralucu
We all agree with you, anyway, ADG :)

I heard a story from one of my instructors that went something like this:

A diver wanted to take some coral home. He broke off a piece when no one was looking and stuffed it in his swimming shorts so he could smuggle it back to shore. It didn't take him too long to figure out that he had just put fire coral down his pants! hahahahaha Sometimes there is justice.

Kimmie - who vows to leave coral, sea life, etc exactly as she found it

Kimmie, from an instructor who has been where you are, and seen so many divers right where you are, I can tell you some of the best divers I know were also some of the biggest clutzes in their own beginning....LOL...You will do just fine...just keep at, and it will soon become natural to ya.

Hmmm.... well, I would be leaving carbon dioxide bubbles, but yours might be more along the lines of methane?? :p

Are you saying there's a particular reason he's the Gasman?

*whispers*

hey Greg, a bit of advice: Try the Bean-O.....

*holding nose* NOBODY LIGHT A MATCH! :fire:

Bean-O is a product that wonderfully demonstrates the concept of better living through chemistry. :doctor: A few drops on potentially gas inducing foods is supposed to negate the odorous effects.

Where's the oxygen? :bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom