Learning to Dive: pep talk needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you serious? Only Stateside......

What's life without a good odourous effect now and then..
heheheh.Horn works...let's check the lights...heheheh.
The one and only,
Gasman...(Down with all Bean-O !!!!)

hey Kimmie - keep on keeping on; as all the rest have suggested, bouyancy control will arrive more as an epiphany than as a mastered skill; you'll suddenly realize you're neutral and motionless and you'll smile so big that your mask floods . . . . .

oh gawd enough already about the gas - i am getting mental images of divers in a sea full of CH4 bubbles - are you happy now? :)

I am now officially open water certified. I did two salt water dives in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday. I have never had so much fun in my life. I saw all kinds of fish, a few crabs and a sunken barge. And just for the briefest of momments, I had my buoyancy control right and felt like I was flying. I am officially hooked.

If you watched the weather yesterday, you may have noticed we had a lot of storms in the Gulf. It was a rough day at sea. Half the boat, myself included, got seasick. Of course, I forgot all about being sick when I was in the water and I certainly was not sick enough to deter me from going again. I'm setting up my next dive for the first weekend in July.

Thanks again for all of your advice and encouragement
Kimmie

Now you are O-fish-ally a member of the Society. There is no known cure for this particular variation of Water on the Brain.

GASman: To quote Axel the Sot (a noted renaissance fair performer) in his ode to noxious emissions entitled "The Fart Song":

What kind of world do we live in? And how can it be such a bore? To be taking away wee little pleasures, when a ripping *insert rude noise here* isn't funny anymore!

Congrats, Kimmie.... it's fantastic isn't it?

(Two more weeks till I get back in the water - can't hardly wait.)

Greg, that's not from the library! Actually, Axel is a contemporary performer at renaissance festivals here in the states. He specializes in comedy, drinking, bawdy songs and limericks. You seem like just the type to enjoy his particular brand of humor....

I agree with Corsair .... This Axel person's sense of humour does seem right up your donkey, Gman :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom