Learning to Dive: pep talk needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I could have added this to the thread in time, but I'm slightly out of touch, currently in Barbados.

Now I know I'm not really telling tales out of school, but I've heard of another boardmember who even tried out his scooter in the tub. From what I heard from his better half it was something to behold.

Now back to the thread - you will have fun. I believe with you just expressing your concerns, and you hearing that we've all gone through something similar at one time or another, you will do well.

If you want a good laugh - guess who almost took a giant stride off the dive boat without her weight belt? She shall remain nameless - thank goodness she hadn't gotten all the way to the back of the boat before she realize this.... gee you would have thought!

Originally posted by scubadweeb
Miss KimmieR - It's Saturday around 3PM (CST) and your scuba family is anxiously awaiting to hear how your dive went today! (You GO girl). I'm sure you did WONDERFUL!

It was GREAT!!!! I can't remember the last time I had so much fun. I saw turtles and bass, picked up shells, and fed some other small fish. I did my skills with no problem and even got somewhat neutrally buoyant. My next dive is in the Gulf of Mexico on the 24th and I can't wait :)

Kimmie

"learn to think scuba"......wow, that's profound.....didn't realise divers were so deep (atrocious pun)

and well done kimmieR!

luv coolsis

Yay.... another addict joins the throng...

Congrats Kimmie - it's amazing down there, isn't it?

:)

Originally posted by keralucu
Yay.... another addict joins the throng...

Congrats Kimmie - it's amazing down there, isn't it?

:)

It is truly amazing down there. I can't wait to go again on Sunday and my first real dive trip is planed for July. I'll be going to Ocho Rios. I went to the dive store yesterday and bought some great dive skins. I am now a mixture of bright yellow and black! woohoo!!

Kimmie

Originally posted by newwavedivers
Did someone say pick-up shells? Ummmmm, course you threw it back? :)

We dug through the bottom of the lake to look at the different shells. The vast majority were not only empty, but broken. It was a lot of fun to see the different types of shells.

KimmieR

As others have said = welcome to the world that can be soooo addictive. Have a grand time below the waves, and be safe. If you ever head up to my neck of the woods, be sure to send a message, and I'll take you out to some 'real' diving. Sure, it can be a bit nippy, but it's still a lot of fun.
Congratulations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom