Learning to Dive: pep talk needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, it all makes sense now! Guess I'll just have to overlook the fact that you're a :froggy: Greg! This is horrible of me, but I just saw Atlantis (the new Disney movie) last week, and now I'm going to see you as Molierre...Apologies in advance if you haven't seen the movie...hee hee...

Gman - I had no idea... no wonder your French is so... *oops* better stop there!

Actually, I was talking to Corsair - I asked because there is a French rugby team called the Corsairs (don't get excited, Greg... I believe they're a regional team - SEAsia, I mean)...

So was Atlantis any good, C? I saw Shrek last weekend and just about bust a gut laughing at all the jokes - it is hysterical and the most amazing animation you have ever seen... highly recommend it - specially for the Gasman, I'm sure you'd appreciate it.

Cheers, Earses...
:p

The historical meaning for corsair was a pirate, usually on the Barbary coast. I actually picked that as a handle because The Corsairs is the name of the group that I sing with. We do sailing songs and sea chanteys acapella style. Mostly perform at renaissance festivals and pubs. Just for fun, if you're interested, you could check out our website:

http://www.corsairs.com

There are some sound clips on there, as well as pictures. You guess which one is me...

And yes, I definitely liked Atlantis. Near the beginning of the movie, look for the ceolacanths in the aquarium...There are a number of amusing little details to look for. I saw Shrek as well, just about fell out of my chair every few minutes! That is one I will own and watch multiple times :)

The word itself is French, as your beautiful and intelligent observer so astutely noticed, hence the original query.

A bien tot -

I was just showing off the fact I have a French keyboard with all the correct characters (and don't need to hunt round the character map to get them)

Jon T

Probably need to head to the French Caribe and hang out for, oh, say six or seven months and scrape the barnacles off my language skills!

Boy do I know that one! I used to be halfway passable in Spanish, but have deteriorated horribly due to lack of use.

French is a beautiful language!

How about a total immersion SCUBA language certification?!

(This sure is more fun than workin')

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom