Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guide for Scuba Diving with Prescription Mask, Stick-on Lenses or Reading Glasses​

Your Ultimate Guide to select the your diving glasses

Our Ultimate Guides are blog posts designed to be the best of the best. It's supposed to be the blog post to end all blog posts –everything you need to know about the subject.
Author and image 1 and 2: Bas Millenaar 02-jan-2024

View attachment 818835
1). SeeDeep Diving glasses.

If you're a diver seeking optimal underwater vision solutions, including dive glasses, you've come to the right place. Unsure about the best choice for you? No need to worry, we're here to provide guidance!

For divers seeking clear vision beneath the surface, selecting the right solution is just as crucial as choosing your dive equipment. There are various options available for underwater vision, such as adhesive lenses, prescription scuba diving masks, and Seedeep reading glasses. We'll simplify these choices for you, ensuring you can make an informed decision that suits both your needs and budget.

Explore our guide for top recommendations and valuable tips on scuba diving with glasses!

Lets Continue to Select your Diving Glasses

#1: Safety First! Especially with Diving Glasses
#2: Pro's and Con's of all dive glasses for 2023
#3: Best conclusion of all dive glasses for 2023

#1: Safety First! Especially with Diving Glasses

Choosing the appropriate diving glasses or prescription mask plays a crucial role in your scuba diving journey. Instances of divers losing their adhesive lenses during a dive or encountering fogged prescription masks that can lead to perilous and disorienting situations are well-documented. This underscores the importance of not only achieving clear vision but also ensuring safety while exploring the underwater world.

Keep yourself informed about the latest advancements in technology.

#2: Pro's and Con's of all dive glasses for 2023

Seedeep Reading Glasses: A Flexible and Affordable Solution
Seedeep reading glasses are emerging as a popular choice among divers due to several compelling advantages:
  • Affordability: These glasses are more budget-friendly compared to prescription dive masks.
  • Flexibility: They offer flexibility in terms of use. A diver can easily switch between different strengths or replace them if their vision changes, without incurring a large expense.
  • Reliability: Designed specifically for diving, they are robust and less likely to fall off or become dislodged compared to sticky lenses.
  • Comfort and Ease of Use: Seedeep glasses are designed to be comfortable and easy to use, making them a practical choice for divers.
View attachment 818836
2). SeeDeep Diving glasses.

Stick-on lenses for Dive Mask: A Less Reliable Option,

Adhesive lenses, as the name implies, are lenses that can be affixed to the interior of a dive mask. Nevertheless, they have notable drawbacks:
  • Detachment Risk: Sticky lenses have a notable drawback – they can easily come off during a dive. This presents a significant issue if a diver loses their vision correction at depth suddenly.
  • Limited Reusability: Once detached, it's nearly impossible to reattach adhesive lenses underwater, diminishing their reliability as an option.
  • Potential for Reduced Visibility: When not applied perfectly, adhesive lenses may result in air bubbles or misalignments, which can impair visibility.
View attachment 818837

Prescription Dive Masks: Effective but Costly

Custom-made prescription dive masks incorporate corrective lenses within the mask itself, providing distinct advantages along with some drawbacks:
  • Optimal Vision: These masks deliver precise vision correction, ensuring clear and comfortable underwater sight.
  • Convenience: Serving as an all-in-one solution, they eliminate the requirement for additional corrective lenses or attachments.
  • Cost: The primary drawback is the expense, as prescription masks are notably pricier than standard dive masks.
  • Lack of Adaptability: These masks lack flexibility. If a diver's prescription changes, the entire mask must be replaced, adding to the overall cost.
View attachment 818838

#3: Best conclusion of all dive glasses for 2023

To sum it up, each option has its own advantages, but Seedeep reading glasses emerge as a cost-efficient, versatile, and dependable choice for divers seeking vision correction. They provide a practical compromise between the potentially problematic adhesive lenses and the high-cost prescription dive masks, rendering them a well-suited option for numerous divers.
…nice. I have a question. I am a vintage SCUBA diver that has many different masks I like to dive with. The old oval mask seems to do best as I am blind in my left eye. I found that I like the DiveOptix stick on lenses for visibility however a flooded mask I try to avoid and use a mask w/a purge valve to retain the lens should it detach. What kind of option do you recommend in my case??. I am sure there are a few divers that fall into my category and I have had pretty good results so far. I only use one lens in my mask yet have the entire field-of-vision for orientation as needed. …kinda a dilemma. You can DM me as well.

Scott G. Bonser

I sell an alternative option for using reading glasses using a mask with a Gopro mount

DiveVue - Mount glasses to your dive mask.

I initially designed as a flexible alternative to inserted optics primarily for looking for small things to photograph and looking at the screens on cameras where you don't always need them in you line of sight, however people are using them for full time glasses underwater. And can also be used for adding sunglasses to your mask for while your on the surface waiting for the boat to pick you up

GoGlasses-21.jpg
GoGlasses-22.jpg

GoGlasses-14.jpg
GoGlasses-20.jpg

I sell an alternative option for using reading glasses using a mask with a Gopro mount

DiveVue - Mount glasses to your dive mask.

I initially designed as a flexible alternative to inserted optics primarily for looking for small things to photograph and looking at the screens on cameras where you don't always need them in you line of sight, however people are using them for full time glasses underwater. And can also be used for adding sunglasses to your mask for while your on the surface waiting for the boat to pick you up

View attachment 834256View attachment 834257
View attachment 834254View attachment 834255
…don’t know if this would work for me, but I like the idea 💡🤿😎

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom