Question New to scuba diving, is it a bad instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow this is a bad experience. Have not read everything, but hopefully you find a better way and can finally learn and enjoy scuba diving.

It is not your fault, in retrospective of course one can find a lot of red flags, but unfortunately very often you only really learn this with experience in the field.
I think reporting both to Padi as well as police is the appropriate thing to do.

For future or ither beginners its probably be wise to repeat:
Check with the agency (padi, ssi, naui, ...) if the listing is still active
Do not trust an operator/shop who does not have an active webpage
If you feel uncomfortable you can say no - always.
Same for dives: everyone can abort a dive for whatever reason anytime - and that not be questioned and it is ok.

Personally I can understand it. There is lonwy, an expectation and "its almost over" very hard to say no.

Thanks for sharing, yes I will report it to PADI. Definitely don't want it to happen to someone else.

please do not stop there ; go to the police as soon as possible as you feel comfortable doing it… scuba agencies have not vetting system for instructors; and are notoriously focusing on the business aspect ; they are by no means the relevant authority here

Back
Top Bottom