KISS rebreather advert: your views

Which answer most strongly describes your views?

• I think the advert is good, and introduced/reinforced the KISS brand to me

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I think the advert is good, and made me think about my views on technical diving

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is objectifying women as sex objects

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is portraying an attractive lady as stupid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have no strong opinions on the advert

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW I can't vote in the pole.

I think the ad is bad primarily because it takes up space on my screen.

MikeFerrara:
No, the mission is to sell rebreathers isn't it? I'm not reaching for my credit card yet. LOL

The brand name was in my vocabulary long before I ever saw the ad. Now, since having the ad floating around my computer screen, I just think a little less of the company.
You wherent exactly reaching for your creditcard BEFORE you saw the add either, where you? If not, they didnt lose any customers, but they got their brand name across to some people who didnt know it already. If you DID already reach for your creditcard to buy the rebreather before that add, I dont think the add would stop you from doing it anyways..

Tigerman:
The fact that this ad is getting so much attention proves how good it is without anyone needing to say anything more.
If you can discuss the ad, you noticed it for whatever reason and the brand name came into your vocabulary. Mission accomplished!

Not necessarily in this case. It got a lot of attention on here because SB doesn't usually have that type of advertising here.

All this fuss about a girl in a bikini? I'm sure KISS thanks all of you who have been hysterical over this. I for one would not have thought twice about this ad were it not for all of the drama. Seriously folks, why are we even still talking about this and what is the big freakin' deal?

Tigerman:
You wherent exactly reaching for your creditcard BEFORE you saw the add either, where you? If not, they didnt lose any customers, but they got their brand name across to some people who didnt know it already. If you DID already reach for your creditcard to buy the rebreather before that add, I dont think the add would stop you from doing it anyways..

Not necessarily. Lots of advertising has a negative effect. It doesn't do a company any good to get you to know their name if something about their advertising causes you to put them on your "never buy from" list.

Missdirected:
Not necessarily in this case. It got a lot of attention on here because SB doesn't usually have that type of advertising here.

It wasn't very long ago that there was no advertising at all on scubaboard.

ONESPEED:
All this fuss about a girl in a bikini? I'm sure KISS thanks all of you who have been hysterical over this. I for one would not have thought twice about this ad were it not for all of the drama. Seriously folks, why are we even still talking about this and what is the big freakin' deal?

I don't think anyone really said it was a big deal. I don't know if you notice but being a diving board...a hobby kind of a thing... there isn't anything on the board that's really a big deal...freakin or otherwise. It's mostly just conversation for the purposes of entertainment with no real importance at all.

MikeFerrara:
It wasn't very long ago that there was no advertising at all on scubaboard.

Well brotha this place is not cheap to run. At $3.95 for a monthly supporting member fee - with very few people opting to support - I think we would be SOL in no time w/o advertisers.

Chip, this is the first thread I have noticed about this in a while. Further it has a lot of potential implications - will SB continue to accept ads like this? Will they let them be even more risque? Remember this is a place that once had several mods freaking over someone having a cup in their profile pic that had the word SH** on it. Personally, I think a lot of the fuss is that people do not want to see SB go this way with their advertising. Perhaps they see SB as more of a sanctuary from this type of advertising - it does go in line with the high standards SB is known for. Furthermore, many people allow their children here and may not want them exposed to this :ne_nau: or what SB may allow in the future. Some do have daughters, ya know. Lastly, I don't think anyone here is so ignorant not realize that we have expounded on the Kiss name by continually discussing it but perhaps the end result is more important to some.

Missdirected:
Well brotha this place is not cheap to run. At $3.95 for a monthly supporting member fee - with very few people opting to support - I think we would be SOL in no time w/o advertisers.

Chip, this is the first thread I have noticed about this in a while. Further it has a lot of potential implications - will SB continue to accept ads like this? Will they let them be even more risque? Remember this is a place that once had several mods freaking over someone having a cup in their profile pic that had the word SH** on it. Personally, I think a lot of the fuss is that people do not want to see SB go this way with their advertising. Perhaps they see SB as more of a sanctuary from this type of advertising - it does go in line with the high standards SB is known for. Furthermore, many people allow their children here and may not want them exposed to this :ne_nau: or what SB may allow in the future. Some do have daughters, ya know. Lastly, I don't think anyone here is so ignorant not realize that we have expounded on the Kiss name by continually discussing it but perhaps the end result is more important to some.

Ummmm, it was a bikini....so what?

ONESPEED:
Ummmm, it was a bikini....so what?
I think Ive finally figured it out! The big deal is that she shoulda been completely nude instead of wearing the bikini!! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom