• Battery (also, see last poll option)

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Depth sensor

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Failure air integration

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Screen

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Software malfunction (designate below)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Temperature

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other (designate below)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Multiple battery problems

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, so this is a companion to my other thread and poll regarding return and/or replacement of your Teric Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?. It has been suggested that most repairs/replacements were for battery problems. In my own case, I had 3 different problems. In this poll, you may have multiple answers to represent all of the problems you have had with all of your Terics.

This thread was inadertantly merged with my other thread by @The Chairman, so will have to be recreated. Some votes in the poll were lost, I hope folks will vote again. Replies by @lexvil and @Manatee Diver were also lost

Thirty seven people voted in the other thread that they had repairs or replacements, I hope you will vote in this thread, Sorry, let's get restarted:)

I had a black screen, obtained service. The computer was also randomly not calculated SAC, though it had avg depth and beginning and end pressure. Upon return from service, AI failed, despite a good transmitter and the computer was replaced. I voted for failure of AI, Screen, and Software problem.

My first one had the battery issue and was replaced, the replacement had the battery issue again, I requested a repair rather than replacement, they also replaced the depth sensor. No idea if they found an issue or just replaced it because other people had an issue. I also have a second one bought used, it’s newer than the other and has had no issues. Both hold a charge for many weeks before showing any drop.

I used to keep the first one fully charged, wore it as a watch on dive days, charged it on a generic flat charger, now I only use the Teric charger, take it off the charger as soon as I notice it’s 100% and turn it off, I don’t recharge until it gets into the 40% range.

Was diving today, just got back.

I have two Terics both have had battery/high drain issues.

Primary Teric - fixed twice and replaced with the help of Divetronix moving it along. No issues since.

Back up Teric - Fixed twice, but I think it might have to go back. I'm pretty sure I charged it Friday and it was down to 96% when I pulled it out Sunday. I'm just going to deal with it until I get back from Mexico and give FW18 a try to see if it fixes it. If it doesn't I'm probably going to ask Divetronix if they can facilitate a replacement.

I could only vote for battery once, but I sent in 2 different Terics for battery replacement.

I could only vote for battery once, but I sent in 2 different Terics for battery replacement.
Hi Stuart,

I realize this is a problem with the poll. Battery problems appear to be the most common cause for repair and/or replacement, several people have had more than one episode. I have added another option to the poll, multiple battery problems. As before, it is possible to make multiple choices and to change your vote.

Thanks, Craig

Hi Stuart,

I realize this is a problem with the poll. Battery problems appear to be the most common cause for repair and/or replacement, several people have had more than one episode. I have added another option to the poll, multiple battery problems. As before, it is possible to make multiple choices and to change your vote.

Thanks, Craig
Just changed my vote to multiple one my original and it’s replacement, second (other one) Teric no issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom