KISS rebreather advert: your views

Which answer most strongly describes your views?

• I think the advert is good, and introduced/reinforced the KISS brand to me

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I think the advert is good, and made me think about my views on technical diving

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is objectifying women as sex objects

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is portraying an attractive lady as stupid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have no strong opinions on the advert

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound:
I feel bad for the model. I wonder if she was informed that they'd be putting big smooch marks on her behind in the picture when she signed the release forms. If I were here I'd be insulted. But then, it's hard to imagine being her.

Here is another KISS Chick model

Is this one sexist? Her wet suit is cut low, she has a tight crotch strap, and wet sexy looking hair. Could she be a real rebreather diver or just some hot chick I paid to model the Kiss Rebreathers?

Attachments

• KISCHICK.JPG
    KISCHICK.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 3,150
Curt Bowen:
Here is another KISS Chick model

Is this one sexist? Her wet suit is cut low, she has a tight crotch strap, and wet sexy looking hair. Could she be a real rebreather diver or just some hot chick I paid to model the Kiss Rebreathers?

That's Kim Smith? Nice photo. Why 3 VR's???

X

That's interesting! However, there is more RB than babe and she obviously is more intelligent given she is not in a bikini and covered in 5-30w. Her wetsuit is part way unzipped.

Don't know, that's a lot of bucks for three of them. A backup if one gets hosed?

Spratman:
That's interesting! However, there is more RB than babe and she obviously is more intelligent given she is not in a bikini and covered in 5-30w. Her wetsuit is part way unzipped.

Don't know, that's a lot of bucks for three of them. A backup if one gets hosed?

That’s a bad assumption that she is more intelligent just because she is wearing a wet suit. The lady in the original ad (the one in the bikini) speaks 4 languages fluently, graduated from the University of Paris and ownes/manages a multi million dollar company.

Curt Bowen:
That’s a bad assumption that she is more intelligent just because she is wearing a wet suit. The lady in the original ad (the one in the bikini) speaks 4 languages fluently, graduated from the University of Paris and ownes/manages a multi million dollar company.

:serenade:

Curt Bowen:

I'm with ya, Curt. It's hard to be sarcastic in cyberspace without actually saying you are being sarcastic. There was some intimation that she was a bimbo because of what she was wearing and most thinking she was a model.

I'm glad that you provided the additional tidbits....:D

Curt Bowen:

Yeah, the irony is that the folks most offended are the ones making huge assumptions about who she is based on looks. HowardE posted a mini bio long ago in a thread far far away which they either never read, or ignored.

Apparently some feel an attractive woman in a rebreather add wearing a bikini = woman are stupid. Others feel woman wearing bikini's in a rebreather add is inappropriate. I'm not sure what these folks think when they get on a DiveBoat with attractive woman in Bikini's, because that is exactly what I find frequently, and most are GOING to put on SB gear at some point in time! :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom