KISS rebreather advert: your views

Which answer most strongly describes your views?

• I think the advert is good, and introduced/reinforced the KISS brand to me

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I think the advert is good, and made me think about my views on technical diving

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is objectifying women as sex objects

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is portraying an attractive lady as stupid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have no strong opinions on the advert

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blox:
I'm nearly your age, and I've got 2 daughters, both teenagers.

I wish you well. Mine are out of the house now...one a Marine in Iraq and the other married with a son of her own.

MikeFerrara:
I wish you well. Mine are out of the house now...one a Marine in Iraq and the other married with a son of her own.

a hijack, may i please, Mike. :D

does mrsA send him timtams and vegemites?

Curt Bowen:
If you sign up and promise you will continue paying, I myself will pay for 3 years, up front and give the Scuba Board a $1000.00 ad per issue in Advanced Diver Magazine a $500 ad per issue in ADM E-Zine and a $100 ADM On-Line web banner link. A total advertisement package value of $6242.20 per year.

All you have to come up with is a measly $47.40 for one year. But I want to see a copy of the check posted here on this thread.

Time to buck up!

Curt,

I think that's a great offer (and challenge). I'd offer to step in for Mike if he's unable/unwilling to do it, but I have a feeling that that won't satisfy you :)

Hell, I'll do it anyway.

Can someone please confirm, that even if I "go red", I can still see the ads? :eyebrow:

Blox:
Curt,

I think that's a great offer (and challenge). I'd offer to step in for Mike if he's unable/unwilling to do it, but I have a feeling that that won't satisfy you :)

Hell, I'll do it anyway.

Can someone please confirm, that even if I "go red", I can still see the ads? :eyebrow:

Hahhahaha, yes you have the option to see them or not. :) I promise. I recently turned them on but they are kinda boring after a while (same one's over and over), so I think I will go back to not viewing them.

Blox:
Yes. Supporting members can choose whether to see the ads or not.

rhadamantus:
a hijack, may i please, Mike. :D

does mrsA send him timtams and vegemites?

Mike, you may want to be very careful in how you answer that :wink: The tim-tams are fantastic. However, the vegemite :l: (more of a silly joke gift that brings a lot of smiles).

Curt Bowen:
Mike, or should I say Scubaboard Guru.

I would assume from the astounding number of posts you have stamped under your name that you spend an inconceivable amount of time setting in your lazy chair reading an astonishing quantity of threads of this board.

Inconceivable and astonishing to who?
If I were to guess the amount of time you spend on this site, I would say a minimum of 2 hours a day. Take this times the average 30 days in a month would total a minimum of 60+ hours a month.

Why would you engage in such an excersize?
The $3.95 monthly fee for the Scuba Board if not designed just to cut advertisement, but to support the people who spend countless hours making this board possible for you. Like you, all these people have to put food on their tables for their families and gas in their cars so they can go to work.

Hey Curt. you own a business right. Do you charge for your services? I own a business and I charge for mine. It doesn't work on a voluntary basis either. I will leave the good folks of scubboard to manage their own affairs. If they feel I can be of help in some way, they know how to reach me.
Calculating the amount of time you spend here equals 0.109 or 1/10th of a cent is what you would be spending for each minute you’re on this board.

Is that what you think it costs? You make it sound like I'm sitting here freeloading or something but the way I figure it, I'm paying a bunch more than that. This computer, easy chair, surrounding structures and property is costing me quite a bit.

Any free time I have to astonish you with the number of posts I read or write is the result of my own labors so I'm sure you'll understand if I spend that time as I choose without much consideration of your opinions on the matter. Right?
I’d say out of 99.9% of the people who spend time and post here, you without a doubt should be paying the $3.95 a month.

You'd say that huh?
I would say its time for you to get off your wallet and support the Scuba Board with something other than your obvious infinite amounts of dive wisdom; which I know I have gained so much added knowledge from. Thank God

You would say that too would you? Of course you must realize that you aren't in any position to make any decisions concerning my wallet.

I am glad that my dive wisdom has been some help to you though. Keep that END down a bit and I think you'll be fine.
If you sign up and promise you will continue paying, I myself will pay for 3 years, up front and give the Scuba Board a $1000.00 ad per issue in Advanced Diver Magazine a $500 ad per issue in ADM E-Zine and a $100 ADM On-Line web banner link. A total advertisement package value of $6242.20 per year.

Gosh Curt, feel free to work out anything you want with scubaboard and to leave me out of it.
All you have to come up with is a measly $47.40 for one year. But I want to see a copy of the check posted here on this thread.

No, I don't have to do anything and I sure don't have to post a check here.
Time to buck up!

Make me. LOL

MikeFerrara:
Inconceivable and astonishing to who?

Why would you engage in such an excersize?

Hey Curt. you own a business right. Do you charge for your services? I own a business and I charge for mine. It doesn't work on a voluntary basis either. I will leave the good folks of scubboard to manage their own affairs. If they feel I can be of help in some way, they know how to reach me.

Is that what you think it costs? You make it sound like I'm sitting here freeloading or something but the way I figure it, I'm paying a bunch more than that. This computer, easy chair, surrounding structures and property is costing me quite a bit.

Any free time I have to astonish you with the number of posts I read or write is the result of my own labors so I'm sure you'll understand if I spend that time as I choose without much consideration of your opinions on the matter. Right?

You'd say that huh?

You would say that too would you? Of course you must realize that you aren't in any position to make any decisions concerning my wallet.

I am glad that my dive wisdom has been some help to you though. Keep that END down a bit and I think you'll be fine.

Gosh Curt, feel free to work out anything you want with scubaboard and to leave me out of it.

No, I don't have to do anything and I sure don't have to post a check here.

Make me. LOL

I thought you could do allot better than grade school rebuttals
"My dad can beat up your dad!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Bowen
but to support the people who spend countless hours making this board possible for you.

Kim:
Errrrrrrm......MOST of them actually get paid nothing.....like Mike and I did putting in hundreds of hours (maybe even thousands) voluntarily for the good of the board. I should imagine that, like myself, Mike's post count is also due mainly to that work.
The only other people who hit those kind of post count totals are the chatters - and I don't think Mike qualifies for that - as I don't either.

Of course the site costs something to run....but let's not over do it huh? :D

Some people have already paid their dues! :crafty:

I post quite a bit when I'm home and I don't really know how many of my total posts could be attributed to my time as a mod.

I don't know how much I actually contributed as a mod but when I was asked/invited to help out I gave it a shot. I even got a neat scubaboard coffee cup. I would say that those who help out as mods are "stepping up", as Curt put it, wouldn't you?

Curt Bowen:
I thought you could do allot better than grade school rebuttals
"My dad can beat up your dad!"

I had to try to keep it suitable for the board and I almost hurt my fingers trying to do that.:D

If you and I have something to iron out, lets take it off the board and handle it just between us. ok? For starters my cell is 765 412-6295

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom