KISS rebreather advert: your views

Which answer most strongly describes your views?

• I think the advert is good, and introduced/reinforced the KISS brand to me

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I think the advert is good, and made me think about my views on technical diving

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is objectifying women as sex objects

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • I think the advert is bad as it is portraying an attractive lady as stupid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have no strong opinions on the advert

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I surf the internet at work and when the greasy woman with boobs pops up on the screen, all of a sudden my surfing becomes "inappropriate" and attracts too much attention of people walking by my desk.

MikeFerrara:
I hope there isn't a fee for everything in the world that I don't like. If there is, I won't ever be able to work my way out of debt.
well it´s all about free choice isn´t it?
When you see something you don´t like you can:
-choose to not look (turn off the tv or whatever)
-try to get whoever is exposing you to it to stop (this thread and the others)
-in this (rare case) pay a fee to get the exposer to stop

I dont see a lot of other options...good luck whatever you choose and I hope you´ll keep visiting sb...

grazie42:
well it´s all about free choice isn´t it?
When you see something you don´t like you can:
-choose to not look (turn off the tv or whatever)
-try to get whoever is exposing you to it to stop (this thread and the others)
-in this (rare case) pay a fee to get the exposer to stop

I dont see a lot of other options...good luck whatever you choose and I hope you´ll keep visiting sb...

That's about it. In my house, we do all of those things except pay them to stop. Yesterday when someone mentioned that option, I said that I needed to think about it before commenting on it.

Well, I have thought about it and I don't think I'll be doing it. While I might be willing to pay Pete to pipe scubaboard into my house, I will not pay him to NOT to pipe stupid ads in. It's more cost effective to hit the 'X' in the upper right hand corner. I'm not saying that it's time to do that yet. This stupid ad is only marginally more stupid than some of the others and while it's interesting to discuss I don't see any "capitol' crimes here. LOL

I give fair warning though. I have a mouse here and I'm not afraid to use it!:D

ONESPEED:
And with that the ScubaBoard empire will fold.:shakehead:

Surely you caught the smiley face ond the humor that was intended to be obvious even to the simplest of creatures, right:confused:
I only ask because of the little shakey head thingy and I thought it was best to make sure:mooner:

cruiser:
I surf the internet at work and when the greasy woman with boobs pops up on the screen, all of a sudden my surfing becomes "inappropriate" and attracts too much attention of people walking by my desk.
Actually you're quite right. I don't think I could afford to have that popping up on my screen if I was at school either. Luckily it's the summer holidays!
It's not exactly "workplace friendly" is it?

Kim:
Actually you're quite right. I don't think I could afford to have that popping up on my screen if I was at school either. Luckily it's the summer holidays!
It's not exactly "workplace friendly" is it?

She looks friendly enough to me.

MikeFerrara:
I hope there isn't a fee for everything in the world that I don't like. If there is, I won't ever be able to work my way out of debt.

Or get an ad blocker.

u guys... u go both ways sometimes its hard to pin down which side you are on. :laughing:

if the ad of the girl in bikini targets the female divers, let the girls have their say. its simpler that way rather than men arguing what it really signifies. but of course, if the ad targets male divers, obviously, there's something wrong with that.

but hey, it got all your attention, didn't it? then it works! end of the story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom