Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's time for an all out blitz....
3462170271_32630169b3_o.gif

Unless these shops can show the increase is being funneled back into the reefing efforts, grab a broom and declare shenanigans.... Public Money was spent on the project, and gouging and profiteering on that is wrong...

A 6 mile run for an active diver in Ft. Lauderdale is $45.... (i.e. a trip card...)

I mean all the shops in Key Largo don't charge extra to dive the Spiegel Grove.... (or require you to have a "guide" that you have to pay extra for... :shakehead:)

Its been my experience, in Key Largo, most do have a 'wreck' surcharge pricing system in effect.... In addition to pushing the Medallion program.

If you're really interested, you can watch it sink from his boat for $3,500 :popcorn:

(It includes 10 days of diving in the keys, but still seems a little high)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-florida/282131-see-sinking-vandenberg.html

$350 day... Hmmm.... Little on the steep side... Most liveaboards I've been on are in the ~1800 range for a 7 day trip, usually 6 diving days, so figure the ~$250/day range... then again, their 'normal' rate is $320...

I agree, little on the steep side...

But you get to SEE the Vandenberg sink . . .

Southpoint Divers
Lost Reef Adventures

Southpoint Divers will charge $85 for qualified divers 305-292-9778

Lost Reef Adventures is not sure yet of the price but as of right now it looks like regular rates of $75 will stand for qualified divers. 305-296-9737

Thanks for the great information user0559 :wink:

I think it's time for an all out blitz....
3462170271_32630169b3_o.gif

Unless these shops can show the increase is being funneled back into the reefing efforts, grab a broom and declare shenanigans.... Public Money was spent on the project, and gouging and profiteering on that is wrong...

A 6 mile run for an active diver in Ft. Lauderdale is $45.... (i.e. a trip card...)

Amen, brother.

In talking to the different dive operators down in Key West it appears Nitrox will be our issue. You guys with your mixed gases and doubles are going to freak them out lol. I guess they have been dealing with the average tourist diver for all these years. Now that they plan to give us a real wreck that all levels of divers can enjoy they should expect a flood of wreck divers. I would start looking for your tech friendly boat, which may be an issue for most of you.

I have booked this dive, and I agree with Divergirl4u. nitrox is the problem. If you can find it, it will be in an 80 alum. It is very hard to find a tank larger then that. I was told by a lot of operators that most divers can't even last the 80 cuft air to the NDL. So they don't sell alot of nitrox. It sounds like alot of Key west divers are cruise ship shallow reef for 30 min I got your money get back on your ship divers. It is going to be great though to dive this big son of a b......

Bring your own tanks? After that, fills are going to suck. Just stop and get fills in Key Largo on the way down I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom