Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can ANYONE help us getting the deck plans of the USS Vandenberg (we pay in US$ for them) so we can create a virtual dive site for her?

We already did the USS Spiegel Grove and the USCGC Duane (and the USCGC Bibb is coming soon) and would really love to add the USS Vandenberg to our growing collection of virtual dive sites for Florida

Thanks

Alberto

Can ANYONE help us getting the deck plans of the USS Vandenberg (we pay in US$ for them) so we can create a virtual dive site for her?

there was mention of this yesterday in a thread on DecoStop.

In the past, they've gotten a grass roots group effort together to pay to have the plans scanned out of the archives and delivered on CD for the Oriskany and the Spiegel Grove.

It cost several hundred dollars, and they split it up with about 20-30 people chippnig in money. (then one person copied the CD's and distributed. The drawings are public information. but the cost is in paying a company that specializes in it to actually find the drawings in the archives and the cost of scanning in D size drawings, etc. (I guess not that many people own a D size scanner due to cost).

so check over there....

mike

Bring your own tanks? After that, fills are going to suck. Just stop and get fills in Key Largo on the way down I guess.

Tildens in Marathon has a rather nice fill station. Nitrox of any recreational percentage, and no need for O2 cleaned cylinders! (and they handle DIN!) I worked with them last November when I was down and they are a great shop! (so hit them on your way down through)

You have to think that more shops will take this seriously and start offering it down in KW!

Somebody will start pumping mix, but it's going to be expensive because there will be 1, maybe 2 shops doing it. O2 and He are going to be crazy expensive.

I have learn from diving the SG that you have to have atleast 4 sets of doubles. So you can dive all day drop off 2 sets and pickup 2 sets. This works good for me. I can do a long dive and then off gas on a reef. Do some si, then back to the wreck. Do a good dive then off to the dive shop.:D This way they can fill all day and get them filled right.:D

I have learn from diving the SG that you have to have atleast 4 sets of doubles. So you can dive all day drop off 2 sets and pickup 2 sets. This works good for me. I can do a long dive and then off gas on a reef. Do some si, then back to the wreck. Do a good dive then off to the dive shop.:D This way they can fill all day and get them filled right.:D

Or just haul your own compressor. That would really make it easy.

Or just haul your own compressor. That would really make it easy.

front.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Would like to open a true tec shop down there. Just for tec divers NO snorkels :D
Al 80s just for stage. And 100% o2 @3000 psi. And air for your tires in your dolly that haul your doubles.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom