Help with gear configuration for Intro to Cave class.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Braunbehrens once bubbled...

It's unnecessary chest pounding. I don't like it. I also don't have any patches on my drysuit.

I'm glad someone got wet, I wish I could have gotten away.

Are you up in seattle?

Aw, go ahead Paul pound your chest. It isn't necessary but some of us old fashioned folkes like thing a little less cloak and dagger. You know? a little more face to face so to speak. People you can trust usually approach from the front.

Divesherpa once bubbled...
I self edited the slamming on Paul

Interesting the way this board works. So if you don't like something you said, you can simply remove it later.

That kind of makes it hard for anyone to hold you to what you said, doesn't it?

That's almost Orwellian...no, really, that never happened.

In any case, I'm glad we are all back on a more friendly level.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Aw, go ahead Paul pound your chest. It isn't necessary but some of us old fashioned folkes like thing a little less cloak and dagger. You know? a little more face to face so to speak. People you can trust usually approach from the front.

This is why I use my real name as my handle, just like you do. That should really be enough.

Are you saying that my original post was not a frontal approach ;-) ?

I'm done for tonight, I have to get up early.

If something is offensive, we can take it down. I found that out today when "someone" suggested that I take down a post that offended many DIR-F guys like yourself. Now, I can edit out calling you a dumb ass ****nuts for not reading a post that you should have been able to read by the shear number of people saying for you to read the thread.

It was bad taste to call you a dumb ass ****nuts because you may be a reasonable guy. I thought you were being a dumb ass ****nuts to piss me off, and it worked, so I called you a dumb ass ****nuts.

Later, I felt bad, so I changed it to something that I feel is more appropriate. As I don't think that you are a dumb ass ****nuts, I try to make amends by removing it. Yet you bring it up again.

I will ask the moderators to return all threads back to their original wording if that would make you feel better.
Cheers,
Jamie

Yes Paul Congrats. I read the report. Your a good writer. You were wrong about one thing though. It isn't true that after diving with GUE trained divers you'll feel like your solo diving when diving with others. You just haven't dived with the right people.

Some of us aren't on quest or up on our DIR whos who. Several asked about Braunbehrens background yesterday. I thought it was a resonable question given the subject and the comments he was making. I can see withholding a name or address although I'm not smart enough to do that either.

It seems that Mr. Braunbehrens is a member of the BAUE whatever that tells us. I just hope the NSS isn't giving them money too.

For those from Quest who contacted Divesherpa looking for a party?...I'm likely a little more seasoned than Divesherpa and less philosophical about these things but I use my real name and I'm not hard to find. Look me up. I'll party with ya.

Nick,

Don't forget to copy your pals on quest with everything else we say. ok

Folks, this all started yesterday because nradov posted this to Quest.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 12:28 AM
To: <"George Irvine"
Subject: Fake DIR instructor

Trey,

A while back you posted something about fake DIR classes. I just
happened to
run across a PADI instructor advertising DIR cave classes. Take a look
on
this web page for the postings by "Divesherpa".
http://www.scubaboard.com/t20639/s.html
Here is his profile.
http://www.scubaboard.com/member.ph...nfo&userid=1814
It turns out his real name is Jamie Rumph. He has some more information
posted on a list of dive buddies (scroll down a ways).
http://www.cavediver.net/buddies/cavers.htm

It really bugs me when I see crap like that as the students these guys
turn
out end up all screwed up. Since he is in S. Fl. maybe you can find a
way to
put a stop to it.

-Nick

So all be aware that if Mr. Radov thinks reporting something you say to Quest will make him more popular you'll get alot of attention in a hurry and they don't seem like nice people.

I guess it costs money to read the junk but you can be published there for free.

Post your classes so we know your not a weekend DIRF wonder:)

I'm glad someone pointed out the character of the people involved here. If you still missed it, let me explain in plain English what happened.

nradov was on the lookout for "strokes" on the Internet, he sees Divesherpa's post and he reports it back to the Grand Inquisition (quest). Then, the sock puppets (we call them lemmings up my way) talk about how much of an idiot Diversherpa is and about how he needs to be "bit*h slapped" (that is a direct quote).

Most of us that are taking GUE classes, have taken GUE classes, or are planning to take GUE classes are also on quest. When we see stuff like this, it makes us want to completely disassociate from people that would engage in such behavior (i.e. bad for DIR). It is not only spineless, but also the worst form of cowardice I have seen in quite a while. The people involved at the outset (nradov and jewhtwave) are both registered on this board and could have taken the issue up here, directly, and fought their own fight.

That they chose to run to quest, talk behind someone's back, and cower in the corner with their lemming brethren speaks volumes about their testicular fortitude. DIR or not...I would not trust a coward underwater. MrBlue is right...this lemming led bashing BS needs to stop if DIR is going to go anywhere. The people that are doing the dives and teaching the classes don't engage in this kind of stuff, so why do all the followers feel the need to? When was the last time you saw JJ, MHK, Sherwood, or any of the other GUE guys trolling forums and "correcting" the heathen stroke masses?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom