Halcyon sueing OxyCheq, US Divers and others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai:
I seem to remember one time in Croatia where they almost did kill a diver. I'm not sure if he was wearing OMS gear or not though.
"They"?

Who... the UN? LOL

bmuise:
I just bought a used halcyon plate & harness. Looks like I'll be "doing it right" by finishing it off with an Oxycheq wing...

Wait, let me get this straight; rather than buying the best wing for your application, you’re going to buy something less because you read about a lawsuit(s) on the Internet? That sounds smart! Isn’t it customary to have the hanging after the trial?

MikeS:
Isn’t it customary to have the hanging after the trial?
Legally, yes. However the court of public opinion has it's own rules...

MikeS:
Wait, let me get this straight; rather than buying the best wing for your application, you’re going to buy something less because you read about a lawsuit(s) on the Internet? That sounds smart! Isn’t it customary to have the hanging after the trial?

After doing research for the wing that I've recently ordered, the Oxycheq was the best for me. Forget Halcyon.....

ElectricZombie:
Interesting. I think weight pockets and trim weights have been around long before Halcyon started making them.

However, Halcyon certainly does have a legitimate complaint against OMS. The new OMS wing looks like an exact copy of the Pioneer. I'm not familiar with OxyCheq products so, I don't know if they are really copying Halcycon gear or not. I have seen a few pictures of their wings online, and the single tank wings do look similiar to the Pioneer.

I dont' see any need to boycott Halcyon as we don't know enough details concerning the suit. For all we know, their claim may be justified.

Regardless, I'll keep buying their products until something better is made.

Something better IS made. IMO, OMS, Abyss, & Oxycheq make better products than Halcyon. The only wing failures I've heard about have been Halcyon wings. Its also been my experience that the company with the inferior product is the one who files suit. Looks to me like Halcyon is afraid of the competition, and they should be.

ElectricZombie:
However, Halcyon certainly does have a legitimate complaint against OMS. The new OMS wing looks like an exact copy of the Pioneer. I'm not familiar with OxyCheq products so, I don't know if they are really copying Halcycon gear or not. I have seen a few pictures of their wings online, and the single tank wings do look similiar to the Pioneer.

The suits are not for wing design, just weight-integration and a surface survival system.

Ben

MikeS:

Not so, better equipment is made by better people. Dive Rite, Oxycheq and Abyss to name a few make better wings cheaper.

Ben

caveseeker7:
Companies served:

Products sold at EE:
Aqualung/Apeks/Suunto, Brownies Third Lung; DUI International, Halcyon, Mares, Scubapro/Uwatec

Products sold by Brownies Southport Divers:
Halcyon; DUI International, Mares, Scubapro/Uwatec

Guess they both realize empty store shelves aren't good and Halcyon/Brownies alone ain't gonna cut it.

Brownies also carries Cressi-Sub.

Jonnythan has offered to host the complaint file for me, it should be up shortly, watch this thread for a link.

Ben

warren_l:
After doing research for the wing that I've recently ordered, the Oxycheq was the best for me. Forget Halcyon.....

And your point would be?

Buying an Oxycheq wing based on research makes sense to me. Ruling out potential choices because you read about a lawsuit on the Internet makes no sense to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom