For the Women...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok guys, the original poster was looking for opinions from women because there was a little too much testosterone flying around in another thread. Gentlemen you are welcome to post here but the "testosterone challenge" that's going on in this thread stops now. Thank you for your cooperation.
Ber

Thanks everyone so far for your feedback. I currently am renting equipment at no cost to me (long story...for another thread), so beggars can't be choosers and right now I have a full AquaLung BCD....it seems that I need to check out a BP/W-type BCD, or at least a back-inflate at a minimum, as it seems the women here are advocating it.

Keep your feedback coming! As I get closer to an actual purchase, I want to be able to weed out what I "don't" want...

Ber Rabbit:
Ok guys, the original poster was looking for opinions from women because there was a little too much testosterone flying around in another thread. Gentlemen you are welcome to post here but the "testosterone challenge" that's going on in this thread stops now. Thank you for your cooperation.
Ber
Thanks for the support Ber!

JodiBB:
Keep your feedback coming! As I get closer to an actual purchase, I want to be able to weed out what I "don't" want...

I can relate to that feeling. I like going in knowing what I want. I myself am thinking of a BP/W. I didn't with the Elle and now I am stuck with the thing.

Missdirected:
I can relate to that feeling. I like going in knowing what I want. I myself am thinking of a BP/W. I didn't with the Elle and now I am stuck with the thing.
Being all I know is the jacket-style BCD, it feels overwhelming to determine what would be right for me....Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Thanks. :wink:

JodiBB, we have a LOT of SB members from Southern California who dive BP/W rigs. My guess is that you could hook up with one of them and have a chance to try one. (It's been my experience that other divers are generally more than happy to help you out in this kind of situation, especially if it means you are going to end up spending money :) )

I've got the Ladyhawk after a very prolonged search for a BC. I wanted back inflate after I tried out bp/w setups, I needed a solid carry handle in the BC for the weights and hp tank, integrated weights with a positive locking mechanism was important. For fit, the open front style was a better option than vest style, as "the girls" and a dry suit did not fit comfortably within. I don't get rideup, the cumberbund is self-adjusting, the back is padded, the shoulder straps are on a swivel buckle, and I've always like the tank band on the scubapro BC's.

The downside? No pockets and I'd prefer another D ring.

Regulators:
ScubaPro Mk25/G600
Mares Abyss 2005 mr22

I prefer the ScubaPro for doing the silly stuff like scrubbing boat bottoms and other aerobic activities and for anything where you are laying face up and working hard.

The Mares does a fine job for general diving, be prepared that the 1st stage may qualify as ballast as it's a heavy piece of chrome plated bronze.

I have a Zeagle Ranger with short shoulder straps.

I spent about a month diving with the Zeagle Tech and rather liked it overall. Good things included the component style where everything could be swapped out, the ditch system was really nice too. What was super-tremendous was the ability for the BC to float with the tank (which most of the womens models can't do with the weight I carry) so that I can take it off in the water and it not sink like a rock.

The only thing I did not like was how low the waist and tank band were in relation to my body. The jacket length would rub on the hips and where the tank sat was tough on the shoulders.

Zeagles do get a thumbs up for their adapability, quality of build, and attention to good details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom