A very big Bull shark sighted near Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since she 'shuns' the Hollywood paparazzi on Rodeo Drive.....She hangs out at the popular " Lemon Drop " in Jupiter greeting the divers from Emerald, Salty Divers, Calypso, Shark Addicts, Jupiter Dive Center, ScubaWorks and many others.
Photos from Lemon Drop in March ???

upload_2021-5-13_9-4-39.png

upload_2021-5-13_9-6-28.png

No, the shark does not have yellow fins :)

That is what I thought at first, but her eyes were not protected by the white membrane that typically covers the eyes to protect them during a bite.
I was think the same thing but you can clearly tell she's in the act of biting. One or two of the pictures show the air/bubble trail where she has just pulled something off the surface. Another had her going after a piece of chum. Maybe in a relaxed feeding state they don't cover their eyes??? I don't know. Do Lemons or Bulls or whatever she is have a nictitating membrane?

Doesn't look like the same shark to me......But what do I know.
After looking at both sets of pictures in the two links, I agree. Different shark. Bull in the original link and lemon in the Miss Snooty link. The teeth are the giveaway.

Sharky close up grinning_.JPG

This photo of her was immediately after the drop on the Jupiter Wreck Trek in October 2019.

And with a diver in the foreground for a very rough size comparison.

Lemon Sharks greeting Anne on splashing at Jupiter Wreck Trek close-2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom