Trip report - Grand Turk, Bohio Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read all of this thread with great interest as we are headed to GT for the first time on Nov. 20. Hubby is the diver, I am the trip planner. I had considered Bohio when I first started researching - for one reason, it advertised a package with some meals and having tried that situation for the first time on another small island, Cayman Brac, last spring it seemed like it might be a good plan. After further research and some help from people knowledgeable about GT, I decided we would be turned off by the cruisers. I ended up booking at Osprey as it was highly recommended by people I trusted as was Blue Water Divers who are located by the hotel. BWD has been great to work with and hubby is scheduled to do 6 days of diving with them. I also learned that there are quite a few small places to eat that sounded interesting, particularly The Sandbar. My understanding is that not many cruisers make it to the area around Osprey. Even though I think we could do without it, I have rented a golf cart for transportation for the week so I hope we will see as much of the island as possible.
Kathy V- you were so very helpful to me in planning for CBBR- thank you again!
I would love to hear any more tips anyone has for us about GT. Thanks !

I read all of this thread with great interest as we are headed to GT for the first time on Nov. 20. Hubby is the diver, I am the trip planner. I had considered Bohio when I first started researching - for one reason, it advertised a package with some meals and having tried that situation for the first time on another small island, Cayman Brac, last spring it seemed like it might be a good plan. After further research and some help from people knowledgeable about GT, I decided we would be turned off by the cruisers. I ended up booking at Osprey as it was highly recommended by people I trusted as was Blue Water Divers who are located by the hotel. BWD has been great to work with and hubby is scheduled to do 6 days of diving with them. I also learned that there are quite a few small places to eat that sounded interesting, particularly The Sandbar. My understanding is that not many cruisers make it to the area around Osprey. Even though I think we could do without it, I have rented a golf cart for transportation for the week so I hope we will see as much of the island as possible.
Kathy V- you were so very helpful to me in planning for CBBR- thank you again!
I would love to hear any more tips anyone has for us about GT. Thanks !

Glad that CBBR worked well for you, we just returned from there yesterday and it was a great trip!

We have been to Provo and on 2 liveaboards in the Turks and Caicos but we have never been to Grand Turk so I will be interested to read your trip report when you return - have a terrific trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom