A very big Bull shark sighted near Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
That's a great white painted as a bull

Crazy size!

The jaw looks similar to the sand tiger shark in the aquarium video which was discussed here recently.

Amazing shark.

I'm guessing that the distended jaws are because all of the pictures seem to be mid bite or immediately post bite where the shark is gulping to swallow whatever she just ate.

.....It seems odd though that is every picture, her upper jaw is extended.

As usual the magazine got the story wrong...{I'm not shooting the messenger!}. So wrong they didn't even bother to look at their own 2017 story they did (and got it right then). She would be offended being called a Bull shark when she is proudly a Lemon shark.

Deadly shark always has a smile on her face | Daily Mail Online

For us Jupiter divers, that shark is the world famous " Miss Snooty" ....??World famous?? Come 'on,,seriously? YEP!!

Youtube has dozens of videos featuring her. She has her own Facebook Page with over 500 followers that constantly check up on her modeling portfolio of cover-girl worthy pictures.

Miss Snooty

Miss Snooty is not a stuck up snob,,,,she will even politely shake your hand with her extended fin >>>

As a very well known regular and favorite for international photographers who come to dive & snorkel in Jupiter, she is sought after for up close shark pictures. She is a slave to " Posing " for hours at a time to get the divers the best angles, incorporating expressions of smiles, grins, giggling & fake terror. She has been featured in countless I-movies, tradeshows, and frequently compared to the Kardashians.

All sorts of ScubaBoard divers have graciously met this famous underwater actress like @HalcyonDaze and @mscott556.

WANT TO MEET HER ????....>>>...Come dive Jupiter Florida !!
@Centrals , @Raphus , @Ghost95

Hi @Johnoly.. Where does she hang out, who does she hang out with?

Since she 'shuns' the Hollywood paparazzi on Rodeo Drive.....She hangs out at the popular " Lemon Drop " in Jupiter greeting the divers from Emerald, Salty Divers, Calypso, Shark Addicts, Jupiter Dive Center, ScubaWorks and many others.

That does not appear to be the same shark unless it put on a few hundred pounds from the Facebook photos two months ago. I could be wrong and cameras can sometime play tricks on us. But with a 12 month gestation period, if it is the same shark and the fb photos are from February, she got fat quick.

Definitely appears to be a lemon though.

Thanks for the invite. If I ever make it that way I'd love to meet her.

Amazing shark.

I'm guessing that the distended jaws are because all of the pictures seem to be mid bite or immediately post bite where the shark is gulping to swallow whatever she just ate.
That is what I thought at first, but her eyes were not protected by the white membrane that typically covers the eyes to protect them during a bite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom