3rd (or is this the 4th) Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I were in Venice with her parents for the holiday and I did not even think to check the conchs page as it was a holiday weekend blah blah. We spentSaturday morning at service club beach and then just laid around the pool at the house in the afternoon. BUMMER!

AWESOME PIX!! I see the pavillion would have been a welcome sight. ;(
The sunset pix were absolutely gorgeous! I'm really sorry I didn't make it.

What a AWSOME day,,, I finally got my first whole meg, I was screaming and yelling into my reg when I found it, I'm suprised Jenny couldn't hear me. The food was great everyone did a good job with the food and master chef Simon for cooking the turkeys.

The pics turned out well I will have to save a few of those in my scrapbook. it was a pleasure of meeting some of the old conchs and even a few new ones. and even NetDoc showed up this year and I couldn't believe he went in with just a shorty, he was alittle blue when he came out.

Thanks to all who did attend and to those that didn't attend or were the victims of unfortunate breakdowns you missed another great day with the conchs......

and for those that missed it I did arrive with bells on....

See ya'll on the next event..

Awesome pics Mardie. Very nice. I like the one of me coming out of the water... might need to change my profile pic.

P1060653.jpg

Now, who made that comment about Simon and a pot ?? :D

Scuba_Jenny:
Awesome pics Mardie. Very nice. I like the one of me coming out of the water... might need to change my profile pic.

P1060653.jpg

Now, who made that comment about Simon and a pot ?? :D
I swear that pot was not cooling up on the sand, it cooled twice as much in half the time in that cooler water - it was also nice to dip my toes even though i didnt go diving!

It was nice to get away a bit from the previous days of family and shopping/crowds to be on the beach! :wink:

Sea Dragon:
Well well well what a great time! I am so happy Matt and I were able to make it. I am also glad that my ankle was feeling better by the afternoon so I could be submerged in freezing water with everyone else. Actually I came pretty prepared. Just my fingers really got frost bit! A huge thankyou to everyone... Food and company were awesome! And thanks Matt for making a stairway down to the water. What a huge help that was.

Ok photo time! I live by the saying "No sense in being stupid unless you show it." I had a great time taking photos and thinking they were going to be wonderful... until I got home and downloaded them to my computer. Turns out I had not reset the camera file sizes since I had shot some stuff for e-bay, so what I have is a bunch of low res pics. Still good for the memories though. For those that left early... you missed an awesome sunset. And as you see the progression of the photos it started just when Jenny was coming out of the water... Also another thanks to Matt for being my bird watcher during the sunset and counting down when they would be in frame. Got a couple really good ones. and p.s. if you really want to bring out the colors of a sunset or sunrise try underexposing the shots... really works. So enough talk and enjoy the photos.:D Oh yes and page 2 has the photos of the a-hole that ran over Jenny's flag!

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o42/mbanks2/2006 turkey fry/

Thanks for the pics. I know lots of the people but some I don't. Do you have names - only of the ones I don't have :wink: :wink:

CBulla:
Picutres from the Bulla perspective - The boat picutres, especially with the 2 boats (one pulling a skiier) show just how close these folks were to our buddies in the water!

http://www.tropicalpc.net/images/turkeyfry/

Hey Colin, I noticed pic 34 has a lot of the people in it. Do you think maybe you could add names, if you have a sec? As for those boater's, don't you wish you could chase them down sometimes and :ignore:

Missdirected:
Thanks for the pics. I know lots of the people but some I don't. Do you have names - only of the ones I don't have :wink: :wink:
And who would those be??? :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom