3rd (or is this the 4th) Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok it looks like me and wife will be comming after all cause we feel a lot better theraflu and niquill did wonders this last week i got tatoe chips and spinich dip

It'll be at least 10am by the time we get there, maybe a little after, but before 10.30!

I dont know how the conditions are there after the windy week we have had, i can only imagine the churned up sea. We arent going to bring the dive gear, but i promise it will make an appearance one day again!! :wink:

See you in the morning, its been a long day of shopping and we are quite tired!

It looks like Holly and the littlest one will not be making it. Neither of them has been feeling well this past week. V has been running an intermittent fever. I will be driving the green monster so we'll be bringing more gear than planned. I have a large boiling pot, but no fryer. I will be bringing the megastove and tank if I can locate the remote line.
I have the 10x10 with walls, and am gathering sand anchors. We will also have the banner. Lil B and Kiltboy will be there as non-divers.
I have a bushel of corn, freshly shucked, and some butter. More in a few...

Just East of Tampa, the truck started having oil problems.
Fortunately, we turned back just in time. As I was a few blocks from the house, the oil pump died. The truck is sitting in the front yard, completely loaded with gear.
Sorry all. Now I get to eat corn for a week. :wink:

I start looking for a new vehicle on Monday. I need something newer.

DEEPSEAWOLF:
Just East of Tampa, the truck started having oil problems.
Fortunately, we turned back just in time. As I was a few blocks from the house, the oil pump died. The truck is sitting in the front yard, completely loaded with gear.
Sorry all. Now I get to eat corn for a week. :wink:

I start looking for a new vehicle on Monday. I need something newer.
Good luck with that!

You missed a good one! Two turkeys cooked (and a lot more on the beach :D ), cold water (63... lol), easy tooth finds, more food than everyone could eat...........

And, the most important part... Good friends to share time with!
====

Thanks to everyone who made #500 special!

ditto what cooltech said it was a blast a few awesome finds were made. a few awesome friends were there. thanks to everyone who made this dive and event a success. the turkey was great! ill definatly be there next year

Where to begin.. hmm... how about with, "It was a a typical night at the Bulla house-hold prior to the annual Conch event. Hermit crab had Xavier occupied reading, Jenny was frantically making cookies, Kris was cutting apples and heating the oven and I... I was stretched out on the bed with Ian drifting off into sleep... kind of."

I mean, who could sleep with the smell of apple cinnamon toasting away in the oven?!

Overall, an amazingly good day on the beach! The weather was beautiful, the water was chilly (!!!), the finds were plentiful, incredible food, and the company of all the Conchs who showed is, as always, second to none!

Jenny, thank you for taking point in organization of this incredible event this year! BTW - Mask on Buttcheeks? Or shall we say Gas Mask?

So hey, what are we doing for New Years?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom