8th Annual Saturday After Thanksgiving Turkey Fry @ Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I am sad to say I am not going to do the Annual Turkey Fry this year. It takes a lot more time and effort than many realize. I don't mind that so much. Those that know me know that I love to do this kind of thing - organizing is just my cup of tea :geek: That said, w/o a reasonable amount of assistance from the backroom, it just makes the effort too much and honestly un-fun, for me anyway.

That said, w/o a reasonable amount of assistance from the backroom, it just makes the effort too much and honestly un-fun, for me anyway.

So... you don't get what you wanted, so you come out here and throw the staff under the bus? Wow. that's great.

You have room for 1000 PM's try deleting some? You're making a huge stink over the FACT that you can't have a larger PM box for YOU. I explained to you (in PRIVATE) that it's not done by users, but rather it's done by USERGROUP. Like, Advisor, Mod, Supporting Members, etc.

What kind of support do you need? The ability to make and edit stickies? Ask a MOD. Someone will do it. Just don't expect people to jump when you say jump.

oh-snap.jpg

What kind of support do you need? The ability to make and edit stickies? Ask a MOD. Someone will do it. Just don't expect people to jump when you say jump.

No stink Howarde. Just an honest response. I enjoy doing these things but constantly having to chase down a willing mod.... They've got other things going on often. And going through several to get one that will help keep things in order... Especially on an event as big as this one... Just the extra effort I don't want to deal with. Then top it with those, like the previous two posters, always looking to stir a pot/create a conspiracy of some sort, for their own entertainment, well on the scales the un-side fun starts to weigh too heavily. Essentially getting my ass handed to me for trying to create some fun... yea no.

As for private... Umm I've had many pm's and discussions about this... So you'd rather I go an pm everyone personally :huh:

Due to the dramatic turn of events; it appears as though this event needs a new "coordinator" - If someone is willing to step up and help - I would imagine that the people who are attending this event would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom