Oktoberfest megadive 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Turkey Roost at Ginnie Springs Halloween weekend is reserved! :crafty:
Start planning now! Arrival for the weekend will be Friday, October 29, packing up camp on Sunday October 31.

Edited 10-26-2010 @ 08:12 am for late comers...

Updated list of who whos and whats what...

Updated list of whos whos and whats whats...

MontanaFL, Scorpion2012 and Kenny - Tortillas for breakfast, Ziploc freezer bags, 2-3 bags of chicken breasts and fire wood.
ScubaJenny & Hermit Crab - S'mores fixins, green curry chicken and jasmine rice, candy, coffee pot, coffee and creamer. (no chainsaws allowed)
NetDoc & MsElenaous - Matta Ewes, fried chicken, plates, papertowels and silverware, and diet coke/pepsi.
Heath Sapp + 1 - 100 hamburgers, Rum for Jen-ny and some Jack.
Cardzard and Roxanne - Gallaxy gear (enjoy the show ), a lg cooler full of water, diet and nondiet sodas, and juices for the kids. A large bag of charcoal, 1 lg pkg. of brats., 1 lg pkg. of hot dogs and buns and my famous baked beans. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst veggies for the omelets.
Babyduck, DA Aquamaster and Jameson - Paper towels, plastic silverware and paper plates.
Joystershell and Megamikey - Megamuffins, 1 or 2 gals. of OJ, eggs, cheese for the burgers and potato salad.
Jeandiver - Brats and buns , chips and dips/salsa , hamburgler bunnies (eek), bags for morning brekky, mustard(s).
Deepseawolf, Maneater, Vix and Hammerhead - Firecircle gear , the infamous rum tote , Our beloved dinner chef and his cooking gear (which always includes a kilt).
Scubafool, Dawn ,John, and Helen - Breakfast fixins,firewood if possible, drums, propane tank and lg stockpot for the MegoOmelets and our beloved breakfast chef .
BIGDOGDOWN - Eggs, buns, and condiments.
MangoMan904 and Camille - 3 dz eggs, 2 lbs of coffee, and italian sausage.
Karenls70 and Jamesdavis007 - Hambs, hot dogs, side items, drinks, eggs, chips and dips, plates and silverware, candy and spirits.
Tao of the Dive, Susan and the Boys -
BrewoneOto and Shelli - Potato salad, eggs, and meat item to be anounced later.
Conan3 + 3 -
Trouard1 -
McCainiac -
JahJahwarrior -
Blue-Eyed Diver and The Wanderer - Surprise???
UCF Dive Club -
H2Andy - Guitar, rum, and tequila.
Mooney - Who would need anything more.
TechDiver1990 - Firewood
Gibbon -
rox@ucf11 -
Scuba West Dive Team (8 or more) -Lg bag of charcoal,cole slaw, brocoli salad, pasta salad, chips, salsa, and an extra turkey frier w/propane tank for omelets.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas of items we still need...
Any kind of Meat items for the grill.
Items for the omelets (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, salsa etc.)
Charcoal (selfstarting)
Side dishes (macaroni salad, fruit salad, veggie platter, fruit, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don't forget the deserts!)
Pumpkins (for carving and don't forget a candle)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)

So just pick something to bring, post and I'll add you to the list.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! YES! YES! Chad and I have been looking forward to this since we attended the Spring Megadive. Please let Chad and I know what we can do and/or bring. We are planning on being there bright and early on Friday, October 29. Cant wait to see you all.

On a quick note, I just located the first group pic of the first megadive in April 2005. That means that we just celebrated our 10th Megadive and with record numbers! Let's keep up the good work! I'll start posting what we're bringing... I will have two coolers, a camp stove (2 burner), at least one propane tank, and for those unable to afford ginnie for a weekend of camping,... the castle hopefully, will be repaired by October for living in.That means that I have a 3,000 square foot concrete house on 4.5 acres a short drive past Ginnie. Anyone who wishes to, may camp there for FREE and just pay a day fee at Ginnie for Saturday if they wish. I currently have the artesian well working, a functional septic and will be setting up a decent camping area. I hope to have the pool and main well operational in the next few weeks, which would mean a clean hot shower, and a place to relax. More updates on this as they develop.

Ken - I was reading your post and all I could think of was Camp Crystal Lake, Jason and Mrs Voorhees. A group of us were chatting this past weekend - will you be bringing the trebuchet? Heard the stories and would love to see it in action.

Hermit Crab and I are both looking forward to the weekend! Whoo hoo!!
NOOBs bring rum! :D

Jenny can I bring my Malibu MUR this time? Cant wait for you to try it out with some pineapple juice and a dash of grenadine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom