2009 SB Fitness Exercise Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday 40 minutes with the weights:shakehead:. Today 12k/ 8 miles run:eek:uttahere. Won't be able to run for the next 5 days, so I over did it little bit, but it felt good. HB after run 180 per minute, 1 minute after 124, 3 minutes after 114. I'm happy with that.

you didnt fail SoCal, you just took an easy day (and still got some walking in) and we need those days as it cant be go go go all the time :hugs:

Thanks Mrs. A! Today... first day of bringing food that is good for me to work. I actually did eat every 2-3 hours today... really small meals, too!

This evening, 30 minutes of water aerobics and 30 minutes of slow lap swimming. :D

A little late, but I'm in.

Today went on this stair/eliptical machine for 535 calories burned (I prefer using this a measurement instead of time: because just using time doesn't reward effort, so this way if I don't exercise as hard as I can I pay because it takes me longer to get to my goal. I have no idea if the calories burned is that correct in comparison to your body, but it works well as a monitoring tool that incorporates both time and effort. ) In any case it was probably about 40 minutes.

Also walked about 15 minutes each way to and from work.

Good brisk bike ride this morning. Puppy is happy. And my heart rate went up, and the breathing the cold air caused my asthma to wake up a little. Finished up with a single rep of 10 lunges and some stretching. Feel good.

WOD Overhead squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Warmup Elliptical 15 minutes

First time trying OHS

Tried OHS without success.... too unstable. Probably should have tried less weight, but instead held overhead position to work on stabilizer muscles

30sec, Rest, 30sec, Rest, 30sec, Rest, 30sec

Left Arm & Wrist went more and more numb/tingly with each 30 sec hold (?hand position or overhead position pinching a nerve?)

Finished with Air Squats to work on heal staying on floor.

10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Cooldown Recumbent Bike 15 minutes

Trying to get back into the gym. First day back in a while. Hit the treadmill - did 49 minutes, 2.6 miles and approximately 410 calories. Now, off to clean the house. Joy.

I dragged my butt outa bed again this morning and ran a little over 1.5 miles. Then with the cool down walked the lunges, basically taking a really big step and lowering the back leg down as far as possible then pushing off that foot to take the next big step.

Thursday was a scheduled Rest Day, but moved a lot of equipment at work.

Friday
Warm-up
Elliptical 10 min
10 Shoulder Presses (empty bar)

WOD
10 Ring Knee-Ups
10 Hip & Back Extensions
20 Thrusters, two 15# DB's
20 assisted Ring Pull-ups

20 Ring Knee-Ups
20 Hip & Back Extensions
10 Thrusters, two 15# DB's
15 assisted Ring Pull-ups

30 Ring Knee-Ups
30 Hip & Back Extensions
10 Thrusters, two 15# DB's
15 assisted Ring Pull-ups

WOD Time: 11:58

Also moved a lot of equipment at work.

Update since the last post: Wednesday 45 minutes weights, Yesterday and today diving, more of the same on the weekend.:yeahbaby:
Diving steel 100 doubles and two Al 40 deco bottles, so just to get in and out is a pretty good exercise. Ocean today: 100 minutes in 42 Fahrenheit:headscratch:.

normal work out yesterday, 7 . 5 miles on the bike, light weight training....It hit -13* last night, today it is a heat wave a 10* above, but of course in WI it can't just be one thing at a time so now it is snowing.....and the wind is blowing....wow winter suxs..... Gotta make myself go down and work out today

Back
Top Bottom