Who from the Carolina's NC/ SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man I wondered what had happened to you, sorry about the leg. I was wondering if the DIR class had done you in. :) .

Welcome to the board Gdon. I can't help with Lake Normal area but if you get to the Raleigh area ( or the Lexington area) I would be happy to spend some UW time with you. If you are unaware of it , Blue Stone Quarry is on HW-64 about 5-10 miles east of I-85, pretty nice place to dive.

Hey Gdon,

I'm pretty green myself. I know a more advanced diver then myself that just joined PDRA and he has a few guest passes. He might be going to the Normon quarry in a few weeks and he invited me to tag along.

I'll ask him if he wouldnt mind another newb tagging along and I'll drop you a PM if he is up for it.

I also dive at Jocasse in SC a bit. If that's not to far for you let me know and we could dive up there sometime.

Gdon once bubbled...
Hello to all who answered and all who will answer… Actually I was looking for two things:
1. A Piedmont Diving and Rescue Association member who has access to the Lake Norman Quarry
2. A moderately experienced diver who would be content to stay in shallow water and not explore too much while his/her buddy works on some basic skills.

I just got my PADI Open Water C-Card, but I took private lessons and all the divers I know are quite advanced.
I live near the Lake Norman quarry and would like to practice the basics some more there, then take the advanced open water course sometime in the coming months.
So if you know a relative beginner in need of a buddy have em give me a shout. I plan to join PDRA, probably next year, if all goes well, but I would have to be a guest at this time at the quarry.

When are you looking to dive or are you looking for a regular buddy? R

BradfordNC once bubbled...

hmmmmm
well, i think we can accept ya. :) hehhehe

Hey Bradford I hope so...afterall she might be joining us diving in October! At least I sure hope she does!!! :wink: So don't scare her off!

RavenC once bubbled...

When are you looking to dive or are you looking for a regular buddy? R

Ya know, all I really want is someone to call 911 if I run into trouble, and not be bored with some basic practice. I can take off most anytime on short notice if going to the Lake Norman Quarry... the biggest hold up would be renting a tank and regs.
BTW just got my official c-card today!

MAYBTHERESHOPE once bubbled...
Greenville, SC that is!:D

Have you checked out Bermuda Triangle Dive Shop? Reese Davis is the owner and a great instructor! He also leads some great trips all over...NC GraveYard of the Atlantic, Cooper River, etc.

Tell him "Wreck Wench" said hello!!!

VaScubaGirl once bubbled...
I live in Virginia but I my work keeps me in NC a lot. So do you mind a Virginian taggin along?

Hey I do a lot of dune hopping in NC If yea don’t mind I am another Virginian who would not mind tagging along!

RumRunner

Wreck Wench once bubbled...

Hey Bradford I hope so...afterall she might be joining us diving in October! At least I sure hope she does!!! :wink: So don't scare her off!

Kamala,

now why would i be trying to scare her off??? lol i'm a friendly guy.
i've been trying to get her to join our trip. hehehehehe
i think it depends on if the hurricane ruins her planned SC dive this upcoming weekend. (which i might just be on as well)

Brad

=-)

Back
Top Bottom