Who from the Carolina's NC/ SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver supply in charlotte can give you all the info to dive there i think it is $50 bucks a year unlimited diving
zkeepr

Lead_carrier once bubbled...

Actually, Down Under isn't padi anymore. They swapped over to SSI a couple of years ago.

Steve has stepped up to IC now. He has a pretty good crew working with him and does a good job with his classes.

Now that you mention it I do remember hearing that the store had switched to SSI. I haven't talked to Steve, or any of the folks back at DDC in a while so I had forgotten about the switch.

Scott

backinthewater once bubbled...
I didn't realize there was a quarry at Lake Norman. Open to the public? Commercial site? Any details would be great.

Thanks
Check out the PDRA site, and click on Dive Sites, then the picture of the Lake Norman Quarry.
The Lake Norman Dive club (LNDC) operates the quarry as a part of PDRA apparently. The application I have is for LNDC/PDRA and the dues (for a new member) listed are $60 for the year, but if joining now its $45 for the rest of the year. I am not sure if you need to pay PDRA dues and initial fee in addition or if this includes it. I know the Lake Norman Dive shop goes there once a week, and will help with appilcations.
I expect to join next year, but since the weather got colder my drive to go to the quarry has lessened some. I would still like to go at least once this year, and then really start up again in the spring and get some practice under my belt.

Thanks for the info on the Lake Norman quarries - wow, never knew there was anything around here. I will definitely check it out.

Thanks again, and happy diving

Hi....I would love to connect with other Carolina divers; both new like myself or more experienced. I am in the Asheville area, also close to Greenville, SC and Charlotte, NC. Started diving in July 2003, just made 34 dives. Still struggling with newbie issues and looking for local groups and dive opportunities, learning, ideas, support, etc. Want to dive the coast when I grow up.

Patfisha

patfisha:
Hi....I would love to connect with other Carolina divers; both new like myself or more experienced. I am in the Asheville area, also close to Greenville, SC and Charlotte, NC. Started diving in July 2003, just made 34 dives. Still struggling with newbie issues and looking for local groups and dive opportunities, learning, ideas, support, etc. Want to dive the coast when I grow up.

Patfisha
Hi there,

You might not here a lot from these guys this weekend. Quite a number of them headed out Florida for the long weekend. I think that they are probably blowing bubbles right now.

I live in WV, but I have a few trips planned with a group from this board in March and April.

I think that a few of them live pretty close to your area.

If you are interested in hooking in for some dives there are a few openings. I know there is a warm up trip planned for Lake Rwaling on March 19th and then there is a wreck diving trip planned for April 2nd and 3rd.

Check out www.wreckmaniac.com for a link to the NC Wreck maniacs. They are pretty active.

Mrs. P

patfisha:

Patfisha

Hello Patfisha! It's not really close to Asheville, but Blue Stone Dive Facility in Thomasville, NC is a neat place to go blow bubbles. You can see a little bit more about Blue Stone at www.bluedolphindive.com.

You can also find out about dive trips to the NC Coast, Florida, and Caribbean destinations. Hope this helps! Take care and happy diving!!

Gerry

Columbia, SC and looking forward to my first dives off the Carolina coasts.

Back
Top Bottom