Who from the Carolina's NC/ SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VaScubaGirl once bubbled...
I live in Virginia but I my work keeps me in NC a lot. So do you mind a Virginian taggin along?

VaScubaGirl,

you can tag along aaaaaaaaanytime you want. hehehehe

just watch out for who ya hang around with on dive boats. lol

=-)

Brad

VaScubaGirl,

you can tag along aaaaaaaaanytime you want. hehehehe

just watch out for who ya hang around with on dive boats. lol

Yeah well...it would help if you had told me who you were!!! :D But thanks for the invite...I am sure I will take you up on that offer! :wink:

I'm from Greenville, SC and would love a Carolina Dive Club. I grew up here but left for Florida in February to become an instructor and then took a job on St. Thomas in USVI. Now I'm back here (someone slap me) and I'd like to get into some diving when I get the time and money. It's nice to see so many others from Greenville, SC. :)

How many of you in Greenville did your Open Water of Advanced classes at Down Under Dive Center? I used to work there a few years ago and wonder if I might have run into any of you while I was there.

Scott

I didn't do my certification there, I did it in the Keys but I know the place. I think that dive shop has been in Greenville longer than any other. I've seen many of them come and go but that one is the only one that stays around. I wouldn't mind working for them but I'm a NAUI instructor, not PADI. Oh well. :)

Palo used to own the shop but he sold it to a guy named Steve. I worked with Steve back when he was just an Instructor at the shop. You should go talk to him about working there. I've seen many shops that have Instructors from more then one agency working there. Opens the shop up to a whole other group of people that might not otherwise come in because they aren't PADI.

Tell him Scott, from Florida, says Hi if you talk to him.

Scott

I might just try that. It never hurts to ask and I do want to start teaching now. I feel that it will be hard for me to start teaching by going independant so maybe I'll go up there and ask. Thanks!

gdon whats up? This zkeepr gastoina n.c. I have dove the lake norman quarry a couple of times now good diving if you don't mind the cold water, there is also another quarry in thomasville n.c called blue stone good diving there for shallow diving only 82 feet deep i have been all over that thing and that is the deepest i have found. The quarry at lake norman has a few spots a little over one hundred, not bad for this area. We also dive lake jocassee in s.c. very deep i dont thik this has a bottom we dive there a couple times a month. you can pm me for details.
later zkeepr

Padipro once bubbled...
Palo used to own the shop but he sold it to a guy named Steve. I worked with Steve back when he was just an Instructor at the shop. You should go talk to him about working there. I've seen many shops that have Instructors from more then one agency working there. Opens the shop up to a whole other group of people that might not otherwise come in because they aren't PADI.

Tell him Scott, from Florida, says Hi if you talk to him.

Scott

Actually, Down Under isn't padi anymore. They swapped over to SSI a couple of years ago.

Steve has stepped up to IC now. He has a pretty good crew working with him and does a good job with his classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom