• Atomic Z1

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Poseidon Odin/Jetstream

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Scubapro Mk16/S550

Votes: 27 21.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a pair of Atomic M-1 Din Reg's on my double's, loved the the way those Atomic''s breath,,, ive had the Posiden Extreme, most Scubapro reg's, never had the 600 series though, and i love my Atomic's, for OC there an awsome reg for here in FL.

Mark Vlahos:
OK, since I am soon to be in the market for doubles regs I'll bite.

Rick, what would be your choice for regs?
How'd I miss this?
Sorry for the delay.
I would get Aqualung/US Divers (I can't keep track of which brand name they're using on any given day) Legends. For my tech/cave diving I use Legends and Micras. My oxygen reg is a Calypso. My preference for AquaLung/US Divers has its roots in the Conshelf which was my first "owned" reg - that one's 35 years old and still in regular use.
The guts of the Legend are just beautiful in simplicity, ruggedness and performance. And no reg beats it for breathing ease on any measurable test.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
For my tech/cave diving I use Legends and Micras.

Rick

I currently own a non-adjustable micra+ and micra+ octo (yellow), these are paired with an SEA first stage. I think it breathes like butter :) but I am not sure how it would fare deep and in a cave. I have a spare SEA first stage and have at times put the spare first together with the other micra+ second for doubles. My concern is that the micra likes to free flow when shallow. Is the micra you talked about a standard micra or the micra adjustable. What do you think of the SEA and micra+ pairing for back gas either in a cave or in the open ocean on a planned decompression dive.

I can't find any information on the flow rate of the SEA first stage, so I don't know how it would fare in a stressed situation at 150' on air or NITROX.

My unanswered questions about the SEA first and the lack of an adjustment knob on my seconds makes me feel uneasy about taking these regs into a technical environment. Are you able to shed any light onto my situation?

Many thanks,

Mark Vlahos

cant beleive poseidon has the least votes!!! its the best reg ever made!

Spoon:

I agree there a great reg , probley one of the top in colder water's, here in FL, there are just to many reg's that can breath the same or better and " are cheaper " to overhaul. That was the big turn off for me, was the cost of servicing.

I dove in Bahama's a few week's ago, and for the first time in 8 month's after getting certifed on 2 differnt rebreather's, it was very " different " getting used to breathing out of a reg, and worrying about every breath being wasted , as i watched my tank drop like a rock, at 120' , felt like a newbie all over with my air consumption !

Spoon:

from the posts, and a few PM's, people feel the Poseidon is too complex and
too hard to find service/parts for it

H2Andy:
from the posts, and a few PM's, people feel the Poseidon is too complex and
too hard to find service/parts for it

too complex??? i love my poseidon and have access to a service center which has all the parts and servicing covered.

hehehe... i have no clue. i've never even seen one on the outside

Back
Top Bottom