• Atomic Z1

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Poseidon Odin/Jetstream

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Scubapro Mk16/S550

Votes: 27 21.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
if you had to choose from the above four regs as your primary, which one would you choose?

Some of these regs are about to be replaced—are you looking at second-hand regs?

Atomic is bringing out a Z2 later this year and the Scubapro MK17 is replacing the MK16. Someone already mentioned the Xtreme, which has been around for a while.

Mo2vation:
You can't swing an expired feline on SB these days without running into another H2-what-gear-shoud-I-buy poll

*sniff*

well... i'm planning ahead for my DIN reg set, since i done and got my doubles

H2Andy:
*sniff*

well... i'm planning ahead for my DIN reg set, since i done and got my doubles

Well, the DS4s will be a good choice, as far as hose routing and reliability is concerned.

PerroneFord:
I chose the Apeks DS4/ATX40... ...Simple, basic, bulletproof, and cheap.
Since I already have Apeks regs (TX50 and TX40) and like them I'm going to continue with them for my next set. I'd probably opt for the TX50 for the primary and a smaller ATX40 second for the backup. Zeagle would be my other choice (but isn't on your list).

Given those choices only, I'd choose the Apeks.
This is a "if they were offered" poll, right?
All those are excellent regs, but if I were spending my own money I wouldn't buy from that list as my personal preferences are elsewhere.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Given those choices only, I'd choose the Apeks.
This is a "if they were offered" poll, right?
All those are excellent regs, but if I were spending my own money I wouldn't buy from that list as my personal preferences are elsewhere.
Rick

OK, since I am soon to be in the market for doubles regs I'll bite.

Rick, what would be your choice for regs? In my case they will be used in caves, and open water on dives to around 150' on non-helium gasses, and eventually deeper with helium gasses. At this time not really cold but the possibility exists in the future to dive in cold but not quite icy waters (both fresh and salt water).

I am considering Apeks, Zeagle, the new Dive Rite, and new Poseidon, but with the Poseidons while the first stage looks great I am not really enamored by the second stages. If there is aonther reg I should be looking at please chime in.

Andy, sorry for the mini hijak, but at least it is the general spirit of your original post.

Mark Vlahos

yes, me too... what would your choice be, Rick?

I use the ATX100's, but if I had to choose from the list i'd go with the Scubapro MK16

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom