• Atomic Z1

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Poseidon Odin/Jetstream

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Scubapro Mk16/S550

Votes: 27 21.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waaah....

hehehehe...

ok... my time will come. i have pretty much decided on the ATX50's (DIN) now
it's just a matter of time. i can get the 50's for just a nominal cost over
the 40's

H2Andy:
waaah....

hehehehe...

the 40's
The price difference between the 40s and 50s wasn't that much so I just went for it.

Why wait, the sooner you buy them, the sooner you'll be diving them. (But then it's your money, not mine. ;-)

I guess I would go with the Scubapro's. My pair of ATX200's like the all the 40's and 50's breath wet when head down or supine. My S600's are dry, dry, dry in any position. Frankly I hate a wet reg.

H2 - If you're really in the market this could be a great deal for you: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=101370

BTW: I voted for the Atomic.

H2Andy:
waaah....

hehehehe...

the 40's

Let me see... on this poll, which SB staff member's advice would I choose to listen to?

Mo2vation
Rick Inman
Rick Murchison
OE2X

I didn't leave anybody important off, right?

Chad

Mine of course. The others are all wrong. Always have and always will be. :D :D

Chad Carney:
Let me see... on this poll, which SB staff member's advice would I choose to listen to?

FOO!!! :wink:

I didn't leave anybody important off, right?

Chad

right...

Apeks DS4/ATX40
Simple, reliable, proven design. Easy to service, easy to maintain. Relatively inexpensive. I'd go with the TX50's.

Atomic Z1
Pretty good regulator but the inside of the first stage contains a number of titanium parts and that's pretty much a bad idea if you're looking at beyond recreational O2 mixes.

Poseidon Odin/Jetstream
Great performance but very complex, easy to knock out of tune, expensive and hard to find good service.

Scubapro Mk16/S550
The 16 wouldn't be my choice for the first stage, but SP makes some damn fine regulators. In your warm-water situation, they would probably be my first choice, based on performance, price, servicability and ease of maintenance, but if you're doing any cold-water diving they do tend to freeze.

As always, it's easy to look at polls like this as little more than a popularity contest, but (for the reasons above) I've pretty much put my money where my mouth is: I use a couple of Apeks TX100 sets, seven Apeks DS4/TX50 sets, and (for warm-water recreational diving) two SP MK20/G250/G250 sets.

Warm= scubapro, fantastic regs, Cold= apeks, I use the DS4- atx 50 pri. atx40 (just snagged from lil irish temper) occto. Mine breath dry all the time, I just used them pretty hard in 38o water in every position you can get into underwater. Its a plus that you can do a basic strip on them in the water with no tools.never had one let me down. Warm water? I just love that buttery smooth flow on a well tuned SP reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom