What would your response be if someone asked you to recover something

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Workman's safety if I understand correctly.

There are quite strict rules WRT HES in our place of the world. Initially, it seems ridiculous that simple jobs should require a professional diver's cert, but due to the large grey area, the rules are simple: If you're hired to do a job underwater (I believe, but am not sure, that DMs and instructors fall into a different category and that their DM/instructor certs are sufficient) you have to be a professional diver with the required qualifications. Seems unnecessarily strict, but protects the life and health of those who dive for a living. I can live with that.
See, to me it's a favor until the money changes hands. If there was no agreement to payment beforehand, then there's no "hiring for a job". Perhaps skirting the grey area a little too much for some people's perception. that said, if I wasn't expecting payment and agreeing up front to a payment I probably wouldn't accept one. I would accept a free drink or dinner, though.

Back
Top Bottom