Info Should you look for a Good diver or a Good-Natured diver for your next trip buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you really have to choose? There are a lot of Good & Good Natured divers out there. Go diving, be nice, meet folks. By and large divers are really nice ('cause they are in their "happy place").
I dive travel with my S.O./buddy. So much easier. I am grateful. Life is good…:bounce::bounce::bounce::clearmask:

Lucky you. I got stuck on a 14-hour drive (one way, and then 14 hours back) with a carful of divers whose politics and mine Did Not match up, and they jabbered nonstop about nothing but politics.

Obsession with politics is a horrible personality trait.

I have my opinions but try to remind myself no one cares and I'm in no way qualified to claim they are right. I don't mind the occasional good natured debate with people I know really, really well but tend to avoid people who obsess over it, even if they share my bent. Unless you are a congressman or something, no one wants to hear it.

To answer the OP's question, good nature always wins unless we are doing something particularly dangerous lol.

I don't mind a bit of constructive politics chat, but adversaries don't remain civil for very long these days.
It's pretty primal for sure now days. Social media has been a big part of the problem imo.

I’ve done liveaboards and resort trips solo several times always sharing a room or cabin.

Look for someone who doesn’t snore!

On one liveaboard each of my two cabin mates handed me earplugs. Not much sleep that week.
I shared a room with a guy that had sleep apnea. I could sleep through the snoring. It was the silence when he stopped breathing that woke me up. I would lay there counting seconds waiting for him to start breathing and snoring again.

Reactions: L13
I’ve done liveaboards and resort trips solo several times always sharing a room or cabin.

Look for someone who doesn’t snore!

On one liveaboard each of my two cabin mates handed me earplugs. Not much sleep that week.
I am all set as soon as I put my hearing aids in the charger. It is a little scary how little I can hear (other than the tinnitus)

Back
Top Bottom