What women want?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
What in the hell is bunco?
some kind of dice game. A friend of mine used to be in some group that played, rotating the party between peoples houses. As far as I could tell the game itself was irrelevant and it was mostly an excuse to drink. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wink:

Bocce ball is like some sort of Italian lawn bowling. I've done it a couple of times. There was booze involved. I don't remember much except they are coloured balls.

And I lost.

scratchmyback:
Bocce ball is like some sort of Italian lawn bowling. I've done it a couple of times. There was booze involved. I don't remember much except they are coloured balls.

And I lost.

:rofl3:

thought this thread was to discuss what you would want on a womans diving course???

well, Mickie left us, so we were all sort of just having a margarita and playing bunco, I guess. I am getting my woman fix, since it's not safe to go outside.

I have had sharp pains in random places, mostly my eyeballs.

I think bunco was born in the burbs by prozac poisoned women who are afraid to slip the collar for a few hours....just my theory having it played in my neighborhood in SoCal and now in Hawaii of all places.

Sorry, Almity, I know you are crafty, it was more a metaphor than anything.
I don't scrapbook, but I change my avatar hourly ...so, guess I should be careful what I mock.

catherine...no worries!!! seriously, the last stitches & craft show i went to the scrapbookers went feral over some new stock paper... get out of their way or loose a limb that day :wink:

dive-class101:
...... But i would also love to have an oppurtunity to ask others (with more experience) about what happens to the womans body under pressure.......

last time i was at the chamber (visiting only) i was talking to the female staff that worked there and they were telling me that data was being collected on them (and for the past 10 years) to come up with some theories & answers on women and long term diving

i would be interested in reading it, if it ever gets published

well, silicone gets bent and saline doesn't---I've heard that.

I bet the biggest long term risk is actually sun exposure and skin cancer, all things considered.

Bent boobs would be.......very bad. :rofl3:

this one lady with HUGE implants was in the water the other day...and the guys were all saying "do you think she can sink?" it was funny because they were all passing extra weight to the DM. NOT conference material though.

Tara's are fixed now, I read it in Star.

Pass the pitcher...we can get Almity to split this thread off since she is one of "them" now.
..but will always be the *people's mod.* Just like Diana.

We will ask Mickie where she wants it split off..and we can name it bunco or happy hour.
Wish Mania would come back...what time is it in Poland? I think we should have a women's conference in Warsaw and all show up at her house. I am sure she is a good sport, I've seen that.

catherine96821:
Wish Mania would come back...what time is it in Poland? I think we should have a women's conference in Warsaw and all show up at her house. I am sure she is a good sport, I've seen that.
You are all very welcome. I can even get some nail polish for you (my favorite one lately - "Irresistible" by Chanel).
:rofl3:

As for clarification.
I have already asked few times the defenders of nail polish, hair and make up to show me threads when other than these women issues are discussed.
If there are - and we all agreed there are differences in physiology, medicine and so on then women would not find answer to their question in the general medicine forum. This is why this forum was created - women issues DIVING RELATED. Why do I always find diving related women issues concentrate more on the looks than diving per se?

So all of you that keep repeated that women are interested in more than girlie stuff - please show me this. I'm really dreaming about finding threads with questions related to physiology of diving. Women diving. All I found is about diving during menstruation, pregnancy and after giving the birth. Things that should be (and in my course were) taught during OWD.

I still haven't got the clue whether ICD, as it's related to lipids vs nonlipids relation in a cell, is more dangerous for women or not, because this relation is different for women and for men.
Anyone want to discuss this or try to help me finding an answer? Anybody but Gene Hobbs who already gave me some links (which helped but a little).
OTH there are divers who think ICD doesn't exist - so I would like to know whether it does or not and whether ICD is a significant risk or not.

This is one of the women diving issues I concentrate on lately. Anyone wanting to join me in this discussion is more than welcomed.

And from time to time, when a break is needed from being too serious we can talk about nails, hair and other girlie stuff. With pleasure. During the break. Not ALL the time.

Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom