Weezle DrySuit Undergarments...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstudley:
Following that line of thought if you used a different exhaust valve you'd also eliminate the problem.

As for discussing both the pros and cons I agree 100%.

yeah, but given that other undergarments have no history of problems with ANY valves, I ( and this is my opinion :wink: ) would reason that it is the weezle, and since you admit yourself something needs to be changed :wink: , i'd get a different undergarment...

but on that, i have to say, that the only story i know for sure is soggy's one..i've heard other people with the same opinion,, but that could just be opinion..

Good greif people. They call this "Throwing out the baby with the bath water." It's not a deal-breaker. If it's a problem just solve it.
For crying out loud you can eliminate this risk as easily as by wearing an old T-shirt over the undergarment if you're worried about your exhaust valve fouling. I'm seriously considering buying a weezle and I'm thinking gluing a big suede (or simmilar) patch spanning between the shoulders (to prevent zipper rips) and one under the exahust valve (to prevent valve fouling) would eliminate the risk of either problem, will promote longer garment life, and will cost maybe $15.

-Ben

I guess the point here is that if you are buying a new undergarment, why not buy one that doesn't have any problems vs. one that has an issue that may require a workaround.....no one is telling you to throw out your Weezle if you already own one

I have a wife that has some issues...if I was starting over I might look for one that had fewer issues...but now that she's mine, I wouldn't trade her for anything...and like most Weezle owners, if you start pointing out her issues to me, I'll kill you...;-)

airsix:
Good greif people. They call this "Throwing out the baby with the bath water." It's not a deal-breaker. If it's a problem just solve it.
For crying out loud you can eliminate this risk as easily as by wearing an old T-shirt over the undergarment if you're worried about your exhaust valve fouling. I'm seriously considering buying a weezle and I'm thinking gluing a big suede (or simmilar) patch spanning between the shoulders (to prevent zipper rips) and one under the exahust valve (to prevent valve fouling) would eliminate the risk of either problem, will promote longer garment life, and will cost maybe $15.

-Ben

no-ones over reacting, if you're happy doing that, then i'm happy out for you..we were just pointing out a potential flaw..also i for one don't buy something that needs repair or modifying when there are alternatives..that's all i'm saying...

large_diver:
I guess the point here is that if you are buying a new undergarment, why not buy one that doesn't have any problems vs. one that has an issue that may require a workaround.....no one is telling you to throw out your Weezle if you already own one

I have a wife that has some issues...if I was starting over I might look for one that had fewer issues...but now that she's mine, I wouldn't trade her for anything...and like most Weezle owners, if you start pointing out her issues to me, I'll kill you...;-)

i think you just said in one post what i've tried to say in to 10 posts and failed...thanks :wink:

**** guys - I never said to burn your Weezles at the stake. The event that happened to me occured so fast that I could not of cut my DS with my shears or dive knife. That sounds great on the board, but not a real option in real time. If you have them, great dive them, stay warm and be happy. This was more of an FYI -please be aware of it.

If you are looking at a weezle, fine.

Just find something that will keep you warm and allow you to hit your valves.

And I'm not sure the reason I couldn't vent was my Weezles. There wasn't a mark on my undies where the exhaust valve is. & there still isn't 4 years later. My guess is that something else was stuck in there. I posted to support the fact that dumping when one's exhaust valve sticks can be quite difficult. I'm glad I was holding onto a mooring line when the incident happened.

I love my Weezle undies. I'm warm when diving and they dry lickity-split when needed. I personally would buy another set if / when needed.

Paula

What I'm trying to do is evaluate all the possitives and negatives. On the plus side people say the weezle is warmer, lighter, smaller when stowed away, better at wicking away perspiration, and still effective if suit floods. On the negative side we've got possible valve fouling. Does possible valve fouling trump all the benefits, when it is such an easily solved problem? If it WASN'T easy to solve this problem/risk then absolutely I'd stay away from the product.

I'm not brand loyal about this at all. I'll buy whatever I think will give me the best performance for the $ I'm willing to spend. And if investing 20 minutes and a couple of bucks after the sale is all it takes to dramatically increase a product's value to me then I'm all for it. I just add that into the total cost equation. If you say "XYZ garment costs $300. ABC garment is warmer and lighter for the same price but you have to spend 20 minutes working on it before use." you have to ask "is warmer and lighter worth 20 minutes of my time?" Part of it is just my personality. I'm not afraid to make minor changes to things I buy to make them suit my needs. I take the stance than NOTHING that comes off the rack was made specifically for my needs. A committee will NEVER make a product exactly the way I want it because they have to please more people than myself. For that reason I expect to have to tweak things I buy a bit from time to time to get the best value from them.

-Ben

OK, so I dove the Chester Polling on Saturday through Cape Ann Divers and I brought the Weezle along with me. While I didn't have any trouble venting air from my suit I do have a complaint regarding the design of the suit. Why on earth did they reinforce the shoulders (back, really) with heavier material to prevent a stuck zipper but not continue this down the left chest area where front entry suits are likely to have problems with the material getting caught?

On a shore dive this isn't really a problem but it is a pain because extra time must be taken to ensure no material gets caught when closing the zipper. On a boat this becomes much more difficult.

Something to consider I suppose when looking at this undergarment. Aside from that the temp on the wreck was around 42F and I was plenty warm without having to loft the suit up that much at all.

I will put a nice large US Flag patch on there !!!

Just in case....I would not want my next post title to be....Flying with Weezle !!!

JimJam:
One of the posts mentioned something about wrapping the area in a thicker material that wont get sucked into the dump valve. I was thinking something in the way of a strethchy spandex type material...just big enough to cover the area that is near contact with the dump. What does everyone think of that?

Back
Top Bottom